2001 Saphire/Silver opinions

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keeping all my options open, I am still shopping and came across a 2001 Saphire with Silver stripes locally. Any cons to that color combo besides harder to keep clean?

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, one of the top 3 color combo's besides Graphie/Silver, Blue/White, and Sapphire/Silver. My top 5 are those 3 plus Silver/Blue, and Black/Silver.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, one of the top 3 color combo's besides Graphie/Silver, Blue/White, and Sapphire/Silver. My top 5 are those 3 plus Silver/Blue, and Black/Silver.

I agree 100%!

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful. And I am biased.
It is tough to keep clean, almost as bad as black. At night, actually, it usually is mistaken for black. In the sun, definitely blue and gorgeous.

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely a great color to have. I get compliments all the time about the color. Cop Magnet is right though. It is a b**** to keep clean, especially if you are a perfectionist. Ask my fiance about the two cabinets of finish preps in my garage! :rolleyes:

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cop Magnet said it all... Would be hard to keep looking nice as a "driver" but as a weekend cruiser you will probably love it. It is a pretty scarce color combo which never hurts for being different.

Bigot Bledsoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking for a graphite, and came across this. Without even thinking twice I got rid of the red one, and never had second thoughts about graphite. I would say this is a color u need to see in person to appreciate(I never saw one in person, until the one I just bought).
How many were produced in this combo?

OP
OP
D

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
86 were produced only in 2001. Assuming the mechanical inspection checks out, this will be my next Viper.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think that the sapphire/silver is one of the BEST looking Vipers to date...and NO, We don't own one.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sapphire/Silver? Mmmmm, now here is a tasteful thread! Its a very dramatic and lustrous color, that always looks great. Layers of waxing produce a deep pool of metallic blue, that looks like you could fall in....

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great color combo, Only one better is steel grey w/ silver strips, but it won't have abs.

But to be perfectly honest. I perfer the GTS with out strips at all. IMO.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keeping all my options open, I am still shopping and came across a 2001 Saphire with Silver stripes locally. Any cons to that color combo besides harder to keep clean?

Beautiful color combo. One of my favorites. :2tu: