2001 Suspension Better?

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the Midwest Regional I got a chance to autocross a factory 2001 GTS. I found it handled better than my 1996 GTS. I'm far from an expert, but even to my untrained seat it just felt more nimble. It got around the corse smoother and quicker than mine.

My question: Is the suspension on the 2001 better than my 1996, or it just newer? What can I do to improve mine?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone I know who has experienced both same the same thing. The new Viper is more better than earlier versions. It amazes me that even someone new to the game noticed the big difference. Good job Bob.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shocks, springs and anti-roll bars are *marginally* different. Tires will likely have more effect than the other items combined.

Put some <u>quality</u> shocks and springs (even revalved Konis)on your car and it'll make a huge difference.

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at that event also, and it is true about the newer Vipers. For me the big difference was my 2001 ACR. On the auto cross my car handled extremely well, thinking nothing of the ACR and that I would just be getting into another 2001 (Dodge provided Viper) like mine I was surprised by the leaning and tipping in the slaloms, the car defiantly felt unstable at the same speeds the ACR handled.