2002 Cast or Forged pistons?

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, my friend that buys wrecked Vipers keeps saying the '02 cars have forged pistons. I keep saying they have cast pistons (from what I've heard about creampuffs). He said he saw it on a 2002 brochure, so I dig one out that I have and sure enough it says they have cast-iron liners and forged aluminum pistons. I have heard someone here talk about the difference in pistons, but how did I get cast pistons in the creampuffs stuck in my head?

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While the 2002 Final Edition Vipers may have cast pistons, they are still the fastest of the Vipers. The Final Edition plaque on the dash adds about 25 RWHP over standard non F.E. Vipers. Also, it is known that Red with White Stripes is the fastest of the colors as well.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Brochure has the typo, as they "lifted" the info from previous.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While the 2002 Final Edition Vipers may have cast pistons, they are still the fastest of the Vipers. The Final Edition plaque on the dash adds about 25 RWHP over standard non F.E. Vipers. Also, it is known that Red with White Stripes is the fastest of the colors as well.

I have to put white stripes on mine for the 25 RWHP gain, thats a cheap mod! :ooo: Must help cut through the wind...

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am demanding a refund, my owners manual says the plaque and stripes together were the equivalent of the horsepower gain from adding a Vipair and everyone knows that is at least 50