2002 RT/10 Door Gap

EGarza1971

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Hi Guys, I am new to this, so not sure if pic went through. I purchased an awesome 02 in Graphite. No accidents on report, and took it to my body shop guy, and all looks clean, but there is a weird gap on the driver side, where the black plastic panel by the door handle, meets the body. Not sure how to explain it, but I added pic, or at least tried to. Is this normal? Thanks.
You must be registered for see images attach

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That seems odd , if you are sure the car was not in an accident, maybe someone played with the door hinges and misaligned the door, it seems canted forward , all so the weather stripping is screwed up, it would have never left the factory that way, so something is up.

Barry

VCA Member
Reaction score
The hinges on these doors are crap. I'm betting the hinge wore out and they adjusted the door to compensate. I have a similar issue with the passenger side door on my 2000 GTS.

OP
OP
E

EGarza1971

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all! Body shop lifted it and all original parts no paint work. Called the previous owner, who is top notch guy, and no accidents.
never noticed it.

KyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am with Barry on this one. I suspect that door droop was fixed causing this misalignment.
Several good writeups on this (try search).
Most all of us have had to do this alignment due to the droop.
It looks like a proper adjustment can fix this problem.
Ky

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave