2003 Body Design Suggestion

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my least favorite aspects of the body styling on the 2003 is the shape of the vent on the side of the car. It loks like a slash, but it could look like a snake ! With a slight modification to the top third of the line of the vent (when viewing the car from a direct side view) it could be curved to make it resemble a snake (cobra ?) raised to strike ! Picture the snake's "tail" being the horizontal line that runs from the bottom of the vent toward the back of the car. It already curves upward to form the bottom of the vent. At the midpoint of its upward path, curve it forward. The result is more of a shallow "S" shape. The result would be to add more curves to the car (my primary objection to it) and the outline of the vent (from a side view) would resemble a snake raised to strike. A picture would paint a thousand words, but I do not know how to do that here.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea to correct the #1 styling flaw on the new car (which is followed closely by the Camaro SS rip-off hood scoop...)

I'm sure the aero numbers strongly influenced its shape, but frankly, the shape stinks from an aesthetic perspective.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the show car also. But it had a hard top, stripes and a wing! If they get the show car out after the RT/10, I am all over it!
I really do like the 2003 RT/10, wasn't a big fan of the pictures, but then I saw it in person! I am hoping that they make a hard top. Stripes could help too. Also, I think they could have made the back stronger!!
But I am sure I will love it when I get it, changes made or not!