2003 Viper Vs. 2003 GT40. If price and power were the same, Which would you choose?

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the GT-40 is ahead more than 2 to 1 over the SRT in this informal polling- this is somewhat amazing considering this is the VIPER board! My vote is 100% GT-40 over the SRT as well. I would definitely buy a new street legal Viper coupe to go with my gen 2 Viper and my GT-40 (so long as it looks close to the Comp Coupe)!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
The overall styling opinion of the new Viper will certainly be debated for a while (personally i think it is ORDINARY at best.NOTHING as captivating as the GEN 2 or a Lambo ECT ).I keep hearing alot of people say looks aside WAIT untill the PERFORMANCE NUMBERS COME OUT.Well judging by what Ford is releasing this week for 35000.00 performance number wise Coletti statement about the 90,000. GT-40 reducing the Viper to earthworm status is correct.DC i am the biggest Viper fan out their i hope you DONT IGNORE THIS issue.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm wit him.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I see it the performance between the 2 is pretty close, and it will be easy to modify either one to beat the other. So the choice for me comes down to the looks.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark O:

Please don't take offense, but judging by your signature, I can see why you like the Stratamaro....it's the Corvette that Chevy couldn't build. Me thinks that Bruntoon falls in the same catagory. Anyone else?????

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I missed that one.
laugh.gif

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gabe,

The easiest way to get a subscription is to go to your local Ford dealer and purchase a Lightning, Cobra, or GT40! j/k

They have a website, but I've never been to it yet. It's
www.teamfordracing.com

The name of the mag is 'Inside the Oval'.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is almost a stupid question in my opinion. Without a doubt, or even thinking twice I would get my hands on a GT-40. That is going to be one bad mo fo!!!

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point, it almost feels like piling on.

I love my 98 GTS, but Ford dealer already has my deposit for the GT-40.

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Want another opinion? Don't flinch. It's just my opinion.

Dudes, sorry to burst your bubble but, the GT-40 looks like kit-car crap to me. It reminds me of those cheap exotic car bodies that you see attached to a VW chassis. Just my opinion, but I think it looks like dog meat. I've been up close and personal with the real thing. It still looks like dog meat. In fact, everything that Ford has made since the 60's looks like dog meat, and it performs worse than that.

At this point the GT-40 is nothing more than a publicity stunt for Ford. Judging from some of your comments and irrational exuberance, it is apparently working. It's nothing more than a friggin' picture.

I get a kick out of how you guys foam at the mouth over a photo of something that doesn't even exist. At least the photos in ******* magazine are real people.

If Ford actually produces anything that is competitive with the current 2003 SRT-10, it will be years from now and the Viper will already be at the next step. By the time they ever got to production, they'd realize how difficult it would be to produce anything like this for anything close to a Viper price, and they would water this thing down. A great example with a different company is the piece of crap Shelby American that we all heard so much about. This thing can't get out of its own way. The whole story is worse than Edsel.

Ford is full of crap when it comes to producing high-performance street cars and they have absolutely no credibility with me. They haven't produced a car worth owning since the AC Cobra. Even that wasn't a Ford, it was simply Ford powered.

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm no rah-rah boy for DC, but the Viper has been King of the Road for 10 years. I don't care for the 2003 SRT-10 styling either, although it's better than anything else out there that's actually real (other than the Gen 2 GTS)! From a performance standpoint, it is better than anything out there, period. On the track it will make the current GTS look like a pathetic cow.

Flame shields are up. Thank you for your time.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good post Frank. Mirroring what I said awhile back. You guys enjoy your 90k kit car (after you pay 150k for it).

BadGTS, its apples and oranges. Maybe a 35k cobra can match a viper, I've never seen it, so I must trust your judgement. That doesnt say a lot for me, So they took a rustang, threw a blower on it, someone puts some crap on it, and all the sudden its a viper? I dont think so, you should be comparing this with the 10k ricers that will blow this dream cobras doors (and a vipers I might add). How sad is it that this 35k car is being spanked by a 10k car. Or, in the same thread, is a 250k lamborghini that gets spanked by a 70k viper a piece? Of course not.

None of your statements answer Franks point, sure, Ford can throw a blower on a rustang, who the hell cares, we can throw a blower on an RT and destroy it. What he's saying is, we are incredulous whether they can build an entirely NEW car in this marketspace, where tons of other cars (including its look alike kit car) already live.

You guys crack me up, rag on the 03 all day, but foam at the mouth about a car that doesn't exist, just simply a picture of a 30 year old kit-car. Too funny.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nsane,
For has announced that they WILL make the GT40. This isnt speculation. Its right from the horses mouth. Does it look like a kit car? I dont think so. Did the original? No. The original is a racing legend and automotive icon. ANY automobile afficionado, connoisseur would appreciate the racing history of the original. The new car, although slightly taller, looks **** close. Kit car? Maybe if someone is blind. So far the tally is almost 3-1 in favor of the GT40....Scary part is that they are all Viper owners!