2004 Dodge Viper Mamba Edition

ninernation1987

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just bought a 2004 Mamba Edition #74. It currently has 28000 miles on it and the only thing that has been done to it is an exhaust was put on. So I am asking from people that know what they are doing where to start. I would like to beef it up a bit more and make it a little bit faster. Where do I start? Any help, advice, and inout would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

OP
OP
N

ninernation1987

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea definitely want a new suspension and Ill need some tires in a little bit but Im talking like performance parts and things of that nature.

spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are you looking to do?

theres a whole spectrum of where to start from, and you have a pretty blank canvas so its endless possibilities! trying to stay n/a? supercharged? twin turbo?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Faster where?

On the street to be able to get away from the cops easier?
Or the drag strip? Road course? Auto cross?
Smoke your buddies Lambo?

All different.

Remember, the cops have radios, helicopters, guns, tasers, and handcuffs.

OP
OP
N

ninernation1987

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just faster in general. Probably not a road course but maybe a drag eventually. Twin Turbo would be awesome and it would sound great. I am pretty much new to this whole thing so I am just looking at where to start and what exactly to do and what are good brands. The first thing I will def do is get the cold sills to cover the exhaust because the car gets extremely hott. Thanks for all the help keep it coming. Thanks guys.

OP
OP
N

ninernation1987

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here some pics for you guys!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just faster in general. Probably not a road course but maybe a drag eventually. Twin Turbo would be awesome and it would sound great. I am pretty much new to this whole thing so I am just looking at where to start and what exactly to do and what are good brands. The first thing I will def do is get the cold sills to cover the exhaust because the car gets extremely hott. Thanks for all the help keep it coming. Thanks guys.

Switch out the exhaust with a Gen IV setup or an aftermarket one (Corsa is good) to remove the crossover pipes under the cabin. You can also get high flow cats as well.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, Black Mamba. One of the sweetest looking special editions out there imo.

firefighter196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The biggest bang for your buck is to change the rear end gears put in a set of 355 and then buy a tune from Roe Racing it will be like a different car.