2004 SRT-10 Dyno Report

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just figured I would drop a note on the board what my personal car put down on the Dyno today, may come in useful to someone in the future.

-2004 White Mamba
-12000 miles
-Corsa Track 3"
-Random Technology Cats (3")
-VEC2
-RC10ECC Spark Plugs
-Stock Headers/Rockers

Running a rich 12:1 AFR, the car made a CONSISTENT 480.0 RWHP, and 520.0 RWTQ. The numbers were so repeatable it was almost amazing. On 3 of the runs, I put down identical numbers, in a row. However, the one thing I found most incredible, is that those numbers were all put down running Back-To-Back pulls. I did 22 consecutive pulls, with no cooldowns. (Best numbers on pull 19) The only "cooling" was where the car idled as I changed VEC-2 settings. The car continued to make increasing power, even after heat-soak had set in after the first few pulls. I am confident this car would put down 490-500 RWHP if cooldowns were in the cards, but 480 was the most I could muster back-to-back in the given time.

Stay tuned, I have some new toys and ideas to try out very soon... should be interesting. I am determined to put a "package" together that will make a virtually gauranteed 510 RWHP (600 Crank HP), with NO internal engine work- you wont even have to take the valve covers off. No nitrous. No Gimmics.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow - Sounds like you did a lot of fine tuning. Can you detail the VEC2 and its benefits?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Snakester- Thanks, I do too!

SRTRICKY- Thanks!

SONNY- Not this time, I dont think the Dyno could handle that concoction! LOL

JB/SRT- Thanks!

Nader- The VEC2 will allow you to pull the maximum power out of your mods by allowing fuel mapping, as well as ignition mapping. The stock Viper PCM runs too lean on the low end, and too rich up top. Also, about 7-10 degrees of timing can be added into the mid range to pick up additional power.

RSI- Thanks!

Viperfreak2- No kidding... DC appears to turn its head when it comes to upping the Viper's HP... If I can get a net gain of 75 HP at the crank with a few mods, the reason DC cant do the same with all of their money, experience and engineers is what exactly.........?

JohninFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice work Daniel: I have a VEC 2 installed and its working great. However since I am intimidated by changing the Air Fuel Map myself and "burning a new card" I am only running the " performance card map" that Sean shipped to me.

I would think that this map gives me 20 horsepower or so judging by seat of the pants but I have not done any pulls before and after etc. How much more power do you think is there to find (without mods)by fine tuning the fuel map and timing to a greater degree than my " performance card" is set for?

I would think Sean has got about 90% or more of available power on his performance map he sent me. Would you agree or disagree.

The materials that came with VEC2 are certainly written for the experienced tuner so I am content to run his performance map but I am curious if I am missing some more easy to find horsepower by getting a custom map done.

FYI I have a stock 03 with K&N only.

Any other educated opinions welcome of course.

viperkraz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice #'s! I've heard that there is 50hp and 100ftlbs left in the computer(Gen2&3) That almost shows it!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a good topic since most (okay Me) need some education on computer tuning. Is the VEC 2 just a piggyback to the existing brain or does it replace it? It sounds like there are some real benefits to the VEC2. Is there someone in the NYC or LI area who can fine tune the VEC2 to my car or, just as JohninFl did, purchase a prexisting program based on my mods? Does Chuck do this type of work?

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROE Racing website has some good info on the Vec 2.

Herc :usa:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JOHNINFL- I would mostly agree that Seans base map is a good place to start. I would say it has 75-80 percent of the available increase contained. However, the more mods you have, the less efficient that program will (more than likely) become.

Nader- The VEC-2 is not a piggyback or a standalone, it is a hybrid type of system. It intercepts signals from the OEM computer, reads them, and then alters them entirely by its own programming.

Out your way, Chuck can help you I am sure, as well as Visions Of Speed.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROE told me that after you get the VEC 2 with their card
to have it dynoed and send them the graph, then they can
e-mail you a new program that you can load with a card
reader that they will sell you for 30 to 50 $. Then
you should be full up.

Herc :usa:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
HERC- While that is true, there is NO replacement for one-on-one time with the car, doing back-to-back tuning. it will allow you to extract the most from the car. looking at a dyno will only give you a "roughly correct" tune. every car is different.

Also, the VEC-2 is itself a reader and writer. If you buy an extension cable, you can use the VEC-2 as its own card writer.