2004 SRT intake manifold on e-bay

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being that it's off of a 505cid motor, would it fit a 488 as they say it would? I realize it's the same block but are there any subtle differences that would preclude this from fitting properly? Cool nonetheless, especially if you powdercoat it. :2tu:

OP
OP
R

racefan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked it over pretty close, and the runner mounting flanges are all the same, the throttle body is a very different, twin bore design, but with some custom work I'm sure it could be made to fit the earlier block.

I was thinking this thing needed a trick custom plumbed direct port nitrous system!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you ever want the SRT manifold on a Gen I/II?

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree. I've heard that the lower profile of the SRT intake flows less than the gen II.

Has anyone else heard this?

OP
OP
R

racefan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This intake has a much larger plenum area than the earlier unit, plus the twin bore throttle body looks like it would flow more than the 2 single bore units. It does give up some runner length, but I think with some custom port work, it would be good for a stroker setup.

There has to be a reason Dodge put this on the bigger cubic inch GEN III engine, what do you guys think?

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has to be a reason Dodge put this on the bigger cubic inch GEN III engine, what do you guys think?

Yes. Less room under the hood. If there was room, a gen II intake would be the ticket for a Gen 3 motor. One thing to keep in mind is the gen III intake gasket is considerably thicker than the gen II gasket. Where is the missing material? From the head or the intake?