2008 ACR looks great!

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah.....Somehow having air conditioning is considered "********"? :lmao:

I mean - its impossible to be truly "********" if one is perspiring.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
******** package-deletes sound system(head unit, amp and speakers) along with the A/C equiptment for an additional 40 lbs of weight savings

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell.To make the Gen IV sell all they had to do was make it look like a Gen II GTS add a few enhancements or let us enhance the engine,handling,brakes if desired.I just might consider one in all black to hide some of the angularity. GTS Bruce

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
******** package-deletes sound system(head unit, amp and speakers) along with the A/C equiptment for an additional 40 lbs of weight savings

Sylvan -- where did you hear that the AC system was being deleted as well? My understanding is that the ******** package shaves off an additional 40 lbs (for a grand total of 80 lbs saved versus the regular coupe) by eliminating underhood insulation/pad, stereo/amp, speakers, trunk carpeting and tire repair kit.

I agree, however, that for a ******** track package, deletion of the AC makes sense and has been a traditional target for removal of other noteworthy "race only" cars such as the L88 Corvettes, etc.

/Rich

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i believe this was in one of the threads (i think the announcement of the car), that either the car comes with no a/c or can be put back in as an options

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was mentioned somewhere that removing the AC required engine recertification.

Better to leave it on anyway so the posers and dragracers can arrive all fresh to brag about how they own a track car they don't track.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang