2008 conv VS Mercedes 55 AMG

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how to link it here. In the Viper Racing Section/Supercar National thread,at the 2:00 minute mark. You can see how close the race is against my Stock 2008 vs the modded M/B of a fellow Viper Owner. 11.69 to a 11.48.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with TAXIMAN1. I haven't had a single issue with my SL55 and I drive it everyday. However, I do believe the importance of having a factory/aftermarket warranty should not be underestimated, for when a problem arises in your AMG, you will be paying BIG bucks. Parts and labor are not cheap on these cars.

Yes, my warranty expiration is coming up soon..:omg::omg:

I've heard you can get the Daimler "Max Care" Warranty for AMG cars... I'll probably buy one just to be on the safe side...

Your comments are true... If a tranny goes out in one of these.. Goodbye to about $12k..

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my neighbor purchased, brand new a sl600 and an s500 I believe. Within the first year both cars were in the shop a total of 46 times., 46 times. A friend of mine has a 300c, and car has had problems for as long as i can remember. constant oil problems so you always knew where the car was....just follow the dip.
Former boss purchased brand new sl65 amg and around 3k miles while driving down the expressway, suspension goes out and almost kills him.
MB staff I have encountered are rude and feel there above you and that you should late on them.
Wife's boss has a Mercedes slk, purchased brand new....around 30k all types of issues started popping up, mostly electric. They were minor but still required her boss to take the car to the shop for fixing.
Now, my friends mother has an older model s420 and it was had very few issues and now has 140k on it and i feel the older models held up better then the newer ones.
They are nice cars and perform while when working no doubt about that.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It nice to not have to get dressed up to drive the ACR. Seems to be a requirement that you have to wear golf attire or Sunday bests to drive a Mercedes. I just don't look very good in $800 Gucchi sunglasses...

JMO

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Within the first year both cars were in the shop a total of 46 times., 46 times.

A friend of mine has a 300c, and car has had problems for as long as i can remember.

Former boss purchased brand new sl65 amg and around 3k miles while driving down the expressway, suspension goes out and almost kills him.

hmm...:eater:

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my neighbor purchased, brand new a sl600 and an s500 I believe. Within the first year both cars were in the shop a total of 46 times., 46 times. A friend of mine has a 300c, and car has had problems for as long as i can remember. constant oil problems so you always knew where the car was....just follow the dip.
MB staff I have encountered are rude and feel there above you and that you should late on them.
Wife's boss has a Mercedes slk, purchased brand new....around 30k all types of issues started popping up, mostly electric. They were minor but still required her boss to take the car to the shop for fixing.
Now, my friends mother has an older model s420 and it was had very few issues and now has 140k on it and i feel the older models held up better then the newer ones.
They are nice cars and perform while when working no doubt about that.

Weird. I have always been scared of an MB out of warrnaty but I bit the bullet this year and got my wife a little 240 4 matic and she loves it. Not one problem yet. It is still under full warranty but I have been impressed so far. Hasnt been back to the shop yet.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive run a worked SL65 on the street from 60 to ? and it was one of the faster cars ive beat. surprisingly fast. i dont remember what the guy said was done to it ( i remember exhaust, computer and something esle), but it was FAST. i spanked him but he did surprise me at first.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran a SL 65 coming back from Tators. Walked him something fierce. Driver was older and wearing a suit and tie, he had the balls to start it, but the car didnt have the balls to finish.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456