2008 Coupe Stripes

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked the stripe measurements on my coupe for Malu59RT. Others may have interest, too. If it has been posted before, I'm sorry.

Lower lip front fascia--stripe width 5-5/16". space between stripes 3-3/8"
Top of front fascia &
front edge of hood-----stripe width 5-1/2". space between stripes 3-3/8"
Rear of hood-----------stripe width 7". space between stripes 3-1/2"
Front of roof-----------stripe width 7-5/8". space between stripes 3-11/16"
Rear of roof------------stripe width 8-5/16". space between stripes 3-7/8"
Front of trunk deck----stripe width 9". space between stripes 4-1/16"
Rear bumper-----------stripe width 9". space between stripes 4-1/16"

Hope this helps some of you who may be thinking of buying the 08 hood and doing the tapered stripes.:2tu:

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone answer this question....Are the 08 stripes on the coupe the same size on the roof and rear as the 06 ? I thought they were and just the hood stripes taper,correct ?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone else may know more,but from looking at mine,its seems to keep getting more narrow from rear to front continuously?(spell check),but could be my illusion.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone else may know more,but from looking at mine,its seems to keep getting more narrow from rear to front continuously?(spell check),but could be my illusion.

The stripes taper in the 08 cars because of the hood vents. Bill's dimensions in the first post verify this with a 9" stripe width in the back and a 5 5/16" stripe width in the front.

Jason

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like the stripes on the 08, way to narrow..IMHO

You must be registered for see images

VS 03-06

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like the stripes on the 08, way to narrow..IMHO

Not a fan of the wide stripes on a 08 hood, especially where it goes over the vents. It makes it look a lot wider in those areas than it really is. Different strokes for different folks.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone answer this question....stripes on the coupe the same size on the roof and rear as Are the 08 the 06 ? I thought they were and just the hood stripes taper,correct ?

No they are narrower on the roof on the '08. If you look at the dimensions Smog Dog posted you'll see that they taper forward.

I just changed the color of the stripes from black to silver on my 08 and had the painter widen the rood stripes and then taper the front ones like I did on my '06 coupe with the '08 hood.

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan of the wide stripes on a 08 hood, especially where it goes over the vents. It makes it look a lot wider in those areas than it really is. Different strokes for different folks.

Agree! I think this is the better way. As Mark said you need to re-do the fascia.

The stripes on the hood closest to the windshield are matched to the roof then taper forward. This picture is my '06. When I re-striped my 08 I had the roof stripes widened then tapered the stripes on the hood forward the same as this.

06_1sr.JPG

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree! I think this is the better way. As Mark said you need to re-do the fascia.

The stripes on the hood closest to the windshield are matched to the roof then taper forward. This picture is my '06. When I re-striped my 08 I had the roof stripes widened then tapered the stripes on the hood forward the same as this.

06_1sr.JPG

Very,very,very nice. That's the way it should be! :2tu:

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, this confirms the measurements I took at the dealership. A couple of our measurements differ by 1/16 in. but they may differ car to car. Roanoke Motors delivered my new Viper on Tuesday and it goes to the shop on Feb. 2 for silver stripes over black.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

06_1sr.JPG

Count me in for the way you did those stripes!!:2tu::headbang:

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

06_1sr.JPG

That is an explosively good looking car and picture.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Newport/Dave, thanks for the kind words, when i saw you last at C&C in Irvine my 08 was getting painted or at DC getting headers? Hope your doing well and you'll make it west and see the group. Still have those 92-96 windows, we can make them fit in your '04 Mike

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Newport/Dave, thanks for the kind words, when i saw you last at C&C in Irvine my 08 was getting painted or at DC getting headers? Hope your doing well and you'll make it west and see the group. Still have those 92-96 windows, we can make them fit in your '04 Mike

Those windows might work if my regulators go out! LOL:rolaugh:

Bring that bad boy to the run on the 31st!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte