2008 intake and catch can question

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
During my searching it seems that a ported intake and added catch can will be on the list of future mods for my 08.

Can anyone elaborate on good sources for both.

So far for intake port I have Bad Boyzz, DC and Arrow and for a catch can I have Mark @ Woodhouse.

Any opinions, HP numbers, pricing and info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

-Tim

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tim.

Never installed one on the Vipers, but used the Elite Engineering Catch can on the Vettes. A very good piece that is reasonably priced.

Reaction score
With the discontinuation of the ACRX catch can set up that relocates the ports on the valve covers, I would suggest that anyone looking to build their own try to incorporate that design aspect into the kit. The factory setup used on the new Vipers has made this easy for GenV owners that want to change to a catch can.
You must be registered for see images attach

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't help with the ported intake, although the Gen V manifold might be an option to consider...

As for the catch can, I pieced together my own based on an Rx Performance catch can:

It's interesting that the Gen V changed placement of the PCV valve...I wonder if that valve would fit Gen IV modded valve covers from Arrow? The catch can I run still requires the PCV valve, hence why I'm still drawing from the front of the cover on my setup.

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As for the catch can recommendation, I installed a Moroso catch can that I purchased from Jegs.

It's easy to install and has a drain ****** on the bottom of the can for easy draining.

It connected to the PCV valve and the passenger side of the intake manifold....see attached pic.

Hope this helped.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 67