2009 ACR on ebay, with NO splitter

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ran across this car. I assume from the low quality harness and the reported front end damage it was a weekend racer. But looked closer at it and there is no front splitter. Correct me if I am wrong but if someone buys this unknowingly about Vipers and gets this car up to say 150mph somewhere, wouldn't the down force created by the rear wing and lack of down force over the front tires be VERY BAD?! Lose of handling at those speeds could kill someone!

I just hope the stupid high asking price for a salvaged title Viper keeps him from selling it to anyone until it is fixed correctly.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove a 2008 ACR at Willow Srings Raceway without putting on the front splitter attachment and the next day I put it on and I saw no difference. Again this was the front splitter attachment that bolts on, still had the partial front splitter and the canards.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lmao!!! That's just pathetic to rebuild an 09 ACR and not even drop the money for a splitter to make it right. Ill bet you that's not the only corner that was cut on this rebuild. I love the part where he says "no frame damage"!!!!!! And $74k!!!???

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ran across this car. I assume from the low quality harness and the reported front end damage it was a weekend racer. But looked closer at it and there is no front splitter. Correct me if I am wrong but if someone buys this unknowingly about Vipers and gets this car up to say 150mph somewhere, wouldn't the down force created by the rear wing and lack of down force over the front tires be VERY BAD?! Lose of handling at those speeds could kill someone!

I just hope the stupid high asking price for a salvaged title Viper keeps him from selling it to anyone until it is fixed correctly.
Then take the wing off, things should even up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang