2009 Viper codes, Help, Codes: 0043, 0047, 0052, 0261 Airbag Warning light.

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
My airbag warning light is on constantly and I have not been able to get rid of it and I cannot find any information in the service manual. Used a scan tool and it will not erase the codes. Here are the definitions: 0043 Passenger seat belt sensor short to battery. 0047 Passenger seat belt sensor open. 0052 PAB Disable warning lamp short to ground. 0261 Driver STPS Fault. I have taken the seats out and checked all the wiring but have found nothing. Any suggestions.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Since it's throwing both a "short to battery" and "open circuit" fault, that makes it sound more like it could be a module to me. It feels like those should be mutually exclusive conditions, and with all the other ones pointing to air bags and safety systems I'm thinking maybe you have a bad air bag module or a loose connection somewhere at least. I believe that module is the one they recalled that is under the center stack behind the radio and right on top of the transmission tunnel. I could be wrong though, the seat sensors might run through the BCM first and then get passed to the airbag module via CAN message. Either way I'd look for a loose connection on any interior module to start with. A full scan with a dealer diagnostic tool might help determine if the communication is working correctly as well.

OP
OP
P

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I know there was a recall on that module but 09 was not part of that recall. Guess I will have to take it into dealer. Do you live in Apache Junction? I moved from there in 2013 back to CA.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Nah, I'm in Kansas. My grandparents lived down in Goodyear for a little while, but moved back here as well several years ago.

ozzie

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You may have to replace module under passenger seat which is kind of a pain to replace have to pull nuts and bolts then
tip it back or pull it out of car.I prefer tipping it back. Good luck there is not much info on these cars. Module is about $170.00

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4