2009 Viper's caught testing

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought y'all might like to see a few pics of 2009 Vipers caught testing at the Great Smokey Mountain National Park..... bet they visited the Tail of the Dragon too....

You must be registered for see images

For all the pics stop into the 2009 Gallery section of International Viper Registry
I have a video too, I'll upload it tomorrow.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Way to be there with the camera!!

It must have been late (or early) in the day -- with the glare, those colors were changing big time.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question. Since there were no changes, at least that we know about, why would they need to test these cars? What are they testing?

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Question. Since there were no changes, at least that we know about, why would they need to test these cars? What are they testing?

Maybe an ECU change/update?

(another pic from the group ...better ones posted at the link above)
DSC04670.jpg

Stan Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My best bet would be aero data, fuel mileage, and handling. If you look closely, you will notice there is one ACR, one Coupe with the Aero Kit, and one roadster. Driving these three different cars with data capturing would be very interesting to me. The data to review would allow performance claims to be backed up with numbers and stats.

I have some free time if more testing is needed...... :drive:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So are they doing the ACR option again in 09?

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are planning on building 200 ACR's for this year, and 200 more for 09. If you are at all on the fence, you should get one, because the ACR tech that talked to us this weekend, said that they built this car to drive on the street, and show up at a track, and beat "everything" that shows up. It has 1,000 pounds of downforce compared to a stock 08 SRT-10 convertible that has 10 pounds of downforce. The new Corvette Z06 has -200 pounds of downforce, or in other words has lift. He said to look out for all the major magazines in the next couple of months showing how this new ACR just blew away anything else on the track.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are planning on building 200 ACR's for this year, and 200 more for 09. If you are at all on the fence, you should get one, because the ACR tech that talked to us this weekend, said that they built this car to drive on the street, and show up at a track, and beat "everything" that shows up. It has 1,000 pounds of downforce compared to a stock 08 SRT-10 convertible that has 10 pounds of downforce. The new Corvette Z06 has -200 pounds of downforce, or in other words has lift...

In fairness to convertibles, if you own and are driving the SRT convertible for the right reasons (e.g. great weather, open-air driving, etc.) you really can't even consider the ACR. I think the SRT coupe and the ACR are both kewl as hell, but in beautiful weather, my girl and I like almost nothing better than a good drive with the top down. ;)

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In fairness to convertibles, if you own and are driving the SRT convertible for the right reasons (e.g. great weather, open-air driving, etc.) you really can't even consider the ACR. I think the SRT coupe and the ACR are both kewl as hell, but in beautiful weather, my girl and I like almost nothing better than a good drive with the top down. ;)

I agree! I never even considered the ACR or Coupe for said reasons... :2tu:

Peter

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456