2010 Viper Pics (With Stripes)

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripes that wide would only work on the ACR because of the wide wing. On the ACR it kind of makes them look like the CCs. But the Coupe and hopefully not the Vert should not have stripes that wide. Proportionally skewed IMO.

'09s are looking better already.

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen this new striping in person and I have to say that they look amazing! I was at the Conner Ave. Plant on thursday (picking up my new 2010 beast) and saw easily 100+ Snakes in all available color combos and they all looked incredible. The stripes are different from what you are used to seeing, and while I suppose that some viper lovers are just allergic to change, these "final" 2010 Snakes were designed to look different from previous offerings. Like anything else, when stylings change, some resist that change. The paint jobs were just gorgeous and the quality of the work is the best I have seen.

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I do, but my camera farted out in the middle of the tour, so I had to use the tour guide's camera and she will be sending me a disk with the pics. As soon as I have it, I will post the pics. Amazing:)

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see it in person, but my initial reaction is pretty much the same as everyone else's. I don't think the stripes look bad, but something just isn't quite right about them. It might be one of those things that has to grow on you. The stripes on the first GTS's were perfect - love at first sight.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they look tough. I thought the earlier thin stripes were terrible and made the car look wimpy. Excellent upgrade for those that like stripes in my opinion. I can bet a year from now more than half the people here are going to change their neg. view on this. I agree with your comment on the GTS stripes Martin, but imagine looking in your rear view mirror and seeing a Viper with those wide meats in the front, very intimidating. In fact the stock Viper with those thin stripes looked too refined for my taste, dare I say middle aged Corvette driver.

I know I just ********** half the people here, at least I'm honest.

Last edited:

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh... there wouldn't happen to be a car under those stripes now would there?

8's all day, case closed in my book.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they look tough. I thought the earlier thin stripes were terrible and made the car look wimpy. Excellent upgrade for those that like stripes in my opinion. I can bet a year from now more than half the people here are going to change their neg. view on this. I agree with your comment on the GTS stripes Martin, but imagine looking in your rear view mirror and seeing a Viper with those wide meats in the front, very intimidating. In fact the stock Viper with those thin stripes looked too refined for my taste, dare I say middle aged Corvette driver.

I know I just ********** half the people here, at least I'm honest.

There's just something about the way the stripes don't follow the lines of the hood vents and scoop that seems to be 'off'. The stripes look like they cover more of the front vents than the rear ones, and that doesn't look quite right. Ideally (in my opionion), the stripes should have covered an equal portion of the vents as they swept rearward.

I agree that the previous Gen IV stripes were a bit too narrow - those didn't look 'perfect' either, but they weren't too far out of proportion to strike me as looking a bit weird.

If something happens in my life and I need to get a '10 ACR, I'd definitely be searching for one just like the one I have now :) I think they got that paint job just right.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stripes on the 10's are a clone of the comp coupe original stripes, If the car had a wing on it and a front splitter it would look way different.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen