1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 ZL1 to 2014 Viper?

Discussion in 'New Owner Questions' started by WILD1967, Aug 10, 2015.

1. WILD1967

WILD1967 Enthusiast

As much as I love my '12 ZL1 I'm likely going to pull the trigger tmrw and trade it for a '14 Viper. Getting $45k for my car on trade, factor in 5% tax savings in the trade in value and that makes it $47.3k. The viper had a MSRP of $143k and picking it up for $101k. Note, these are cdn dollars and the exchange rate today was 1 CAD = .76 USD.... To help put things into perspective for prospective buyers that may want to look north of the border.
    There seems to be quite a discount on the Gen Vs and asking prices all over the map, so simply looking for some feedback on the Gen Vs and the price point of $101?
    Cheers!

2. Nsane1

Nsane1 Enthusiast

That's a good deal if my math is right on the CAD side, and looks like you're getting an ok deal on the trade (last gen vette takes a hit). You might be able to tweak a grand or more, but it walking away with a brand new Gen 5 at 42kUSD is an awesome deal. Taking the trade out of it 76k is decent, I've seen a little better, Ive seen worse, but with the CAD and trade-in, I can't tell exactly but sounds great.

What sounds great is the trade from a C6 to a Gen 5 Viper, you will absolutely love it, I hope it works out, and you MUST post pics!

3. WILD1967

WILD1967 Enthusiast

Thanks for the feedback Nsane1 - much appreciated. This is kind of feedback I was looking for. The ZL1 is actually the camaro so that said perhaps a better deal yet :).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  4. Quarterhorse89

Quarterhorse89 Enthusiast

Did i just get screwed then...i just purchased a brand new 2014 GTS w laguna sepia interior and the track pak for 96k usd...bummer