2012 ZL1 to 2014 Viper?

WILD1967

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I love my '12 ZL1 I'm likely going to pull the trigger tmrw and trade it for a '14 Viper. Getting $45k for my car on trade, factor in 5% tax savings in the trade in value and that makes it $47.3k. The viper had a MSRP of $143k and picking it up for $101k. Note, these are cdn dollars and the exchange rate today was 1 CAD = .76 USD.... To help put things into perspective for prospective buyers that may want to look north of the border.
There seems to be quite a discount on the Gen Vs and asking prices all over the map, so simply looking for some feedback on the Gen Vs and the price point of $101?
I've posted this 2x and apologize in advance.
Cheers!

OP
OP
W

WILD1967

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes that is the difference on trade. It seems reasonable to me however want to do a sanity check with the folks on this forum that have a lot more viper experience / knowledge than I do.

Last edited:

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a reasonable price to pay to go from ubiquitous to exotic.

OP
OP
W

WILD1967

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The price as per the window sticker is $143k. Take it for what it's worth but the best the dealer claimed they could go either cash or trade was $101k. In trying to sell ZL1 outright the best I could probably get would be $41k. A different dealer offered $36k on trade for a '14 viper, and interestingly he was going to move it to a buyer in the US.

Last edited:

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question is, why are you hesitant? Is your main concern not overpaying? Look one thing for sure is if you love that car go for it the longer you wait the more "great deals" are going to get away from you. Its worth it. You won't meet yourself going down the road 50 times in different shades of color. Its worth every penny. I met a quy at vir that told me he had owned corvettes for years and didn't realize how much fun he was missing out on till he bought a Viper. I completely agree.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that "1967" in your handle is your birthdate, you're pushing 50. After 50, your body will begin to age eight times faster than normal. Quality of life, I've been told, will diminish rapidly. I suggest you just pull the trigger.

OP
OP
W

WILD1967

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The handle is for a '67 RS I have... may have to update that now. Pulled the trigger on the viper and picking it up tonight. Stoked!

kbench55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! Where in Canada are you? I had the same situation as you trading in my 2013 plum crazy srt challenger. I pulled the trigger 3 weeks in Regina and havent looked back.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to buy a 2014 GTS fully loaded with all options to include carbon fiber and stripes. Sticker was $140k. Got them down to $92k.

I ended up going for a 2015 SRT base model. Sticker was $91k. Purchased it for $80k. Hope this helps. You won't be disappointed. Congrats!

OP
OP
W

WILD1967

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Calgary but originally from Saskatchewan and actually bought the car from Crestview in Regina. Prices in calgary were $10-$15k higher for less optioned cars. I already put a couple hours in the seat yesterday and these cars are amazing! I'll post a few pics once it's cleaned up.