2013 gts limited Edition - doors not fully aligned to body panel

Josmatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Looking for your input as to what can be done to align my doors ( see pics ) so they are flushed to the lower body panel of the car. Dealer said they will gladly look at it but given these are hand built cars there maybe some minor fitment issues as a result of this privilege....... Welcome comments and possible solutions specially if anyone in the forums has dealt with this before. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 174

DZnutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a brand new car or used?

First recommendation is to take it to a good body shop, they will know if its possible to adjust

OP
OP
J

Josmatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a brand new car or used?

First recommendation is to take it to a good body shop, they will know if its possible to adjust

ITs a brand new car. I will be having the dealer look at it first as I am sure they should be able to make it fit better....I hope.... Thx

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For comparison's sake, what's the other door look like in the same area? My bad...I see the pics ARE of the drivers lower and passenger lower edges. Hummm. Well, seeing as they are both the same, it might just be what it is.

Last edited:

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I recall reading in the past that at the factory there is a station where a worker runs their hand/fingers across each body line to check for good fit and that they allow for some of the lines to be slightly off (like in your case) to allow for less wind drag . In your case it kind of makes sense that the rear of the door is a little more extended out to allow for the wind to pass over the back line of the door. If it were totally flush or slightly pushed inward, I could see that the wind would hit the rear quarter panel directly behind the door.
I think it is fine.
I guess you could always take a look at another GTS to compare but if it really bothers you, it looks like you may be able to loosen the 2 screws on the lower exhaust rocker panel and the one screw on the lower rear quarter panel (the screws I see in the pics) to see if you could pull them out a bit and then just retighten.
I would not want to start messing with door alignment at the dealer. Just me though.

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a pretty easy fix at the dealership. I had my passenger door stick out a little like that on my '14, it took Morgan at Tomball Dodge about 20 minutes to loosen the hinges and move the door properly aligned.

OP
OP
J

Josmatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you. Very good insights in this. Again it's not a major issue but enough for me to want to post and get some thoughts from fellows gen v forum members. Thank you

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, easy fix, and is pretty common, hand built car, honestly I think I've had every viper I've owned adjusted a wee little bit in one place or another.

The earlier ones were worse, shims, etc everywhere, you don't see them as often Gen4+, so you actually might have a pretty rare car with a fitment issue as a gen 5 :)

Enjoy it tho, looks great from what I see.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth