$25,000 for my car!

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to post since I lowered the price and installed the GTS wheels for the sale. I have been getting some phone calls lately but nobody has laid the money down. Just letting my Viper bretheren know about the new price! THANKS -FROG-

nw01.jpg

Ad here - ViperClub Classifieds - 94' - 11 second - 430HP/500TQ - GTS Wheels and Mods - REDUCED! - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frog, I wished I had known you had the GTS wheels, I would have made you an offer on them for my car!

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Frog, I wished I had known you had the GTS wheels, I would have made you an offer on them for my car!

Im in IL, and I have 2 rear GTS rims for sale in classifieds............

Frog, good luck...........What do you have your Konis set at in the rear and fronts?

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Selling your Viper so cheap reminds me of when my parents were trying to sell their house in Florida.

They were offering the place at 2.5 Mil. For over two years they didn't have a buyer even after showing the place so often they couldn't stand it anymore.

In an almost casual, joking way I told them to raise the price (they were already overpriced). So they advertised the place for 2.75 Mil (nothing else had worked up to this point).

Well, howdy doody, they sold it within the next three months.

The moral of the story? If you sell too cheap people think there is something wrong with it!

Raise your price and advertise more - I think you'll sell it faster.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow what Taximan1 says makes COMPLETE sense to me.

that's a nice Viper, would be a shame to sell it at that price

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saying that "nothing toy related" is moving right now is a pretty bold statement to make though I can see why you would say that because because your "toy" isn't moving(selling). There are a lot of people buying toys, just look at the posts people are posting about their new toy in the garage. I will have mine in the garage next week.
Sorry for the rant but it just sounds pretty weird when a lot of people post about how nobody is buying anything when that really isn't the case at all.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saying that "nothing toy related" is moving right now is a pretty bold statement to make though I can see why you would say that because because your "toy" isn't moving(selling). There are a lot of people buying toys, just look at the posts people are posting about their new toy in the garage. I will have mine in the garage next week.
Sorry for the rant but it just sounds pretty weird when a lot of people post about how nobody is buying anything when that really isn't the case at all.

edited...... I always ask myself why I even reply to some of these threads.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's my take on it:

People thinking about a Gen 1 are more likely to be feeling a $$ pinch right now. The expensive Vipers (08's, 09's, ACR's) are still moving because those people aren't as likely to be in a $$ pinch. For those in the $25k Viper price range, its more likely to be a hard sell because these are the people who are being cautious with their $$ for now. Even though $25k is cheap for a Viper, I can see it being a tough sale because with those people being more suspectible to $$ issues, its hard to justify a niche car like a Viper.

I hope that makes sense. i typed it about 5 times before it even made sense to me :)

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my take on it:

People thinking about a Gen 1 are more likely to be feeling a $$ pinch right now. The expensive Vipers (08's, 09's, ACR's) are still moving because those people aren't as likely to be in a $$ pinch. For those in the $25k Viper price range, its more likely to be a hard sell because these are the people who are being cautious with their $$ for now. Even though $25k is cheap for a Viper, I can see it being a tough sale because with those people being more suspectible to $$ issues, its hard to justify a niche car like a Viper.

I hope that makes sense. i typed it about 5 times before it even made sense to me :)

Whatever..I like that blond in your avatar...Brandi??:2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At that price you might want to post it at the vette forums and see if there's any interest there?

Ted

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All generations are getting hammered at this point, I think. I talked to a dealer in VA that has an '04 black vert for sale with 19K miles, factory warranty until 7/09, and max-care warranty for sale until 7/11. They had it on Ebay for opening bid of $37.9K, and zero bids. They are negotiable from there.

I'm not in the market for a Gen3, but at that price, I thought about making them an offer of $35K.

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. I somewhat agree about my price, but 25K was my bottom limit and I decided to go ahead and lower it. The main reason is because of the miles. This is a little higher mileage car than most 94' RT's out there. About 72,000 miles. The car is AWESOME and I have no worries about higher mileage because these motors are great, but I think it is a competitive price at 25K. I'm a very impatient person and don't like stuff like this sitting around, rotting away... I swapped to GTS wheels to help justify lowering the price and I'll keep my SSR wheels (which cost me alot more) for another Viper one day, so I feel ok at 25K. Of course I would like 30, but I just don't think that's going to happen with all the other 94's for sale out there right now.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. I somewhat agree about my price, but 25K was my bottom limit and I decided to go ahead and lower it. The main reason is because of the miles. This is a little higher mileage car than most 94' RT's out there. About 72,000 miles. The car is AWESOME and I have no worries about higher mileage because these motors are great, but I think it is a competitive price at 25K. I'm a very impatient person and don't like stuff like this sitting around, rotting away... I swapped to GTS wheels to help justify lowering the price and I'll keep my SSR wheels (which cost me alot more) for another Viper one day, so I feel ok at 25K. Of course I would like 30, but I just don't think that's going to happen with all the other 94's for sale out there right now.

I feel you man...Marty went through the same thing. GREAT time to buy...HORRIBLE time to sell...especially Gen 1's...under 30k you can find all day long...with low miles...Frog...keep going for it...but i would almost raise your price and just hold onto it till prices come back around and someone bites...might be worth the extra 3-5k you might get...

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At that price you might want to post it at the vette forums and see if there's any interest there?

Ted

Hell, at that price post it on the Mustang or Camaro/Firebird boards! That group wouldn't blink at the miles *** might consider the Viper instead of a $15-18k car.

phantred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
market seems soft right now, I've had my 02 rt10 up for a while under 'best offer'

even with the new interior and 3 year warranty no ones putting in offers

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock market will have a little run up to the end of the year and with crazy selling, someone will pull a quick day trade to make $25K. I'd stay with the price for another couple of weeks, just advertise as much as you can.

Of course, I have 90K+ miles, bad paint, the whole daily driver (i.e. enjoyed daily) look and probably wouldn't get half that... but that's OK!

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

I admire you for using your car as you do, god bless the people that actually put some miles on these things and enjoy them.

R2276B

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm the guy who bought Frog's car. When I saw the car and talked with him awhile,I knew this car was a gem.The car is everything he said it was, and the condition is like a much lower mileage car.If Frog tells you something's nice, believe it.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

You'll find the local club is very active, so if you wanna come out and say what's up Ryan does a pretty good job of getting everyone together about twice a month.

Now, if you're having any trouble getting into your driveway with those Eibachs, I know this dude that would gladly help you throw those stock springs back on...maybe even give you a few bucks for 'em! And that Autoform wing? What an eyesore! I think the same dude would probably relieve you of that :) It'd match his ugly Autoform top...

Welcome to the club, man!

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the guy who bought Frog's car. When I saw the car and talked with him awhile,I knew this car was a gem.The car is everything he said it was, and the condition is like a much lower mileage car.If Frog tells you something's nice, believe it.

Mike, I'm glad you are enjoying the car! We gotta hang out soon and get some other local Vipers together for a cruise here in Austin. I've already talked to a few others about getting together soon. There's so much information about these cars on this board, it's worth stopping by almost on a daily basis if you can. And thanks for the compliments too! I'm a car nut just like yourself and if you ever want to turn a wrench on the car, let me know! :2tu: