2Fast2Furious event in the Netherlands

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today there was a 2fast2furious event at our national race track, because of the release of the DVD.
There was also the opportunity to do the 1/4 mile, so I went.
Unfortunately there was a lot of rain and the drag race was cancelled. :(

I did look at all the cars and clubs that where present ( a lot of Supra's, RX7, 300zx, NSX, Skyline's)and man can I say I bought the right one. :cool:

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything with an engine above 2,000cc is **** in Holland.
I lived there for 2 years and could not believe how much taxes you pay on vehicles.

Were the drags at Zandvoort ?
Used to race my motorcycle over there. Nice track.

flying dutchman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i raced on Zandvoort with the marlboro days, great fun
but they probably dont dragrace there,
coming over to the us in january myself, looking for a 99 acr, thats gonna coast me over us$ 30.000 in taxes, maybe a bit less if i fiddle around with the papers,
yves still leaving for europe??
------
frank

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I'm actually packing right now.

The Viper is coming with me. Don't know yet whether I'm going to import it into Austria or just keep it on US plates.
We are a Belgian/American family so I might have some options to go for the 'least taxed way' as far as dealing with my cars & motorcycle.
The side pipes on my 94 might also result in some issues while trying to import it. Crossing my fingers...

Would be great to meet some of the European folks while being over there.
Markus from Germany is pulling something together next summer.
I was thinking we could meet somewhere centrally like the French Champagne district or a cruise along the Rhine. Would be more convenient for the Dutch and Brits to join.
You guys up for it ?

Mazzel !

flying dutchman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is an american guy here in Rotterdam, lived here for a while and has a 2001 acr, leaving now and is leaving his car behind, asking usd 90.000 for it.also a 97 gts for sale,asking price usd 77000.--,
y might wanna consider leaving yr car behind.
next summer i should have my car ready and would love to meet up with some viper owners here in europe.
yr sidepipes should be ok.
Veilige overtocht toegewenst, succes
frank