30,000 Miles Service Question

SSR9999

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car is currently at the dealerin Rockville having its 30,000 miles service done.

I asked my Service Advisor if the spark plugs have been replaced (since the owner manual suggests "replace the spark plugs") and he mentioned that the tech looked it over and says that it's fine. Should i tell them to have the Spark Plugs replace?

And how much are people paying for their 30,000 miles service?

Thank you.

Last edited:

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why replace something if the tech says it's fine and he read the plugs? if you don't trust the techs opinion that you are at the wrong dealership in the first place. just my thoughts.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is currently at Reed Brothers Dodge in Rockville having its 30,000 miles service done.

I asked my Service Advisor if the spark plugs have been replaced (since the owner manual suggests "replace the spark plugs") and he mentioned that the tech looked it over and says that it's fine. Should i tell them to have the Spark Plugs replace?

And how much are people paying for their 30,000 miles service?

Thank you.

I will let you know in about 25 year. :lmao:

Seriously, congrats on driving and enjoying your car. Thirty Thousand seems like a lot of miles for a set of plugs. But then with the way these new cars run the tech is probably right, they are probably fine. I think my last MB went over 80k without replacing plugs and ran great when I sold it. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many people over the years have told that these cars are very sensitive to dirty plugs and worn out wires. A lot of Viper owners swear on new plugs AND wires every 30k miles.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Many people replace the stock plug wires with better ones that last longer.

Yah, I'd replace the plugs at 30,000mi.

If your car is stock, yours are probably fine.

Ted

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I had done:

Coolant flush
Transmission drain and fill
4 part fuel induction system service
Brake fluid change
Clutch fluid change
Differential fluid change
New PCV valve
New fuel filter

I can't give a fair price though, because I used my employee discount to buy the fluids/parts and a tech friend of mine did the work. Together, I think I have about $450 total invested. $255 of that was labor. As for the plugs, I'd replace them just so you know when they were replaced. Plugs and wires run about $130...its worth that much for the peace of mind that you know when they were replaced

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960