4.10 gear for sell

BigDane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4.10 gear for sell
i have the gear and pinion along witht he calibrator box. Im not sure what it is worth so make me offers. It was used for under 5k miles and I have no need for it, so lets see it go.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hhah.. no one has a need for it. Thats totally useless in a viper.
Could work fine with 19/20" wheels. Especially if Goodrich or Kumho comes out with a 345-30-19 with sticky rubber.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hhah.. no one has a need for it. Thats totally useless in a viper.
Thanks for helping my sell out. Your a awesome neighbor.

Sorry Bro.. I kinda all think we are a family no matter what the region. 4.10's just arent a very usefull item on a street car viper, unless you want to put on tire burning shows. I know because Hendrick had the "Hendrick Viper" version 3 years ago, and they put 4.10's in it with a cat back, and if you even THOUGHT ABOUT hitting the gas, smoke started pouring out the back tires ( I drove it in late 2001).

I know this isnt helping your sale. Just thought I would set expectations for anyone thinking going from a 3.07 to a 4.10 is going to make them faster, it probably wont. One thing I did notice with 4.10s is if forget about 1st gear, and use 2nd as 1st, and 3rd as 2nd gear, etc, it actually has longer gears then a stock 3.07 and it could work for someone that would like to go 63+ mph in "1st gear" (even though it would really be second).

Anyways, anyone who wants to do calculations on what gears do to your speeds in each gear, use this link, its really cool:

http://www.xse.com/leres/bin/gearratio?title=SS+%23670+with+MM6+manual+and+GU6+3.42+gears&rpm=6000&mph=55&gear1=2.66&gear2=1.78&gear3=1.30&gear4=1.00&gear5=0.74&gear6=0.50&reverse=2.90&axle=4.10&tire=diameter&diameter=25.91&circumference=81.40

I really hope you dont take this personally, I hope you sell it. I would even like to invite you out to go drag racing with a bunch of us tomorrow at fayetteville. IF your intersted pm me, and you can even tell me what a **** I am, even though im not trying to be (and I'll even agree with you, because most of the time I am).

Jon

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF your intersted pm me, and you can even tell me what a **** I am, even though im not trying to be (and I'll even agree with you, because most of the time I am).

Jon

Boy, he ain't kiddin :D :D :D :D

OP
OP
B

BigDane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its nothing personal. My car is actually one of the hendricks specials and the gears were taken out when I bought it. I put them up for sell hoping someone would want them to drag with. My viper is back home in my warehouse in Ocean Isle or else I would ride out.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets do it !! I will personally come pick you up. Hit me up asap though, becaseu guys are going to start arriving at my house in less then 1 hour, so if we gotta come pick you up, gotta know in advance !

Jon

PS. I read your post before you had a chance to change it :-D.. Lets roll, I accept the offer.. :)

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, without 20" wheels 4.10 gears are overkill on a Viper, especially if you have any mods. I have 3.55 gears and they are great, but I'd never go over 3.73 gears.

But the 4.10s are very good for Corvettes.
I had a Corvette before (which come stock with 3.42 gears), and I got a set of 4.10 Viper gears and it was a perfect match as they are interchangable, and the Viper gears are better built so they are a perfect upgrade for a Corvette with extra power.

It may sound odd, but I'd bet that you could sell these 4.10 Viper gears much faster on a Corvette forum.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4