4 gen 2 big brake kits in stock ready to ship

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These Big Brake kits are utilizing brand new SRT10 Calipers - direct from VPA and SRT10 Rotors direct from VPA

Special for this week, while in stock

Front and Rear Big Brake Brackets $765
4 x New SRT Calipers $400 each (list price is 507. fr and 490 rear) (save $400) from VPA!
Park brake $575
Proportioning valve kit $185 (for non ABS cars)
SRT10 stock Rotors $75 each from VPA!

Total cost for the basic Big Brake System (plus pads) $3525.00 with all new components!

This kit will put 4 Brand New SRT10 calipers on your car and stop you like an ACR! This is the best way to add a big brake kit to your Gen 2 Viper!

Options that you can also order

Drilled or slotted rotors add $200

Add some serious Bling with our Girodisc rotors - set of 4 is $1750

Screen_shot_2012-11-05_at_10_59_01_AM.png

Girodisk_rotor_pic_drilled.jpg

Or go with an ACRX set up with Brembo ACRX rotors on the front and Stoptech rotors on the rear

Front

Rear

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does a Gen II non ABS show a big improvement with this set up vs. the 40 mm rear piston upgrade from Tom?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does a Gen II non ABS show a big improvement with this set up vs. the 40 mm rear piston upgrade from Tom?

Yes, the Gen 2 (even without ABS) will show a huge braking benefit to this kit, the stock Gen 2 brakes are definitely helped out by a mod like Tom's rear caliper upgrade, (dodge did do this on the ABS cars in 2001 and 2002, (bigger rear caliper piston)), But, even though that upgrade helps to balance the Gen 2 brakes better, the Gen 2 brakes are still anemic in comparison.

The stock Gen 2 caliper front has the same piston size as the GEn 3/4/5 rear

The Gen 3/4/5 calipers are a superior caliper and the piston sizes are increased both front and back,

FACT: The SRT10 Competition Coupes used the Gen 3 Brakes without the aid of ABS in world Challenge for many years, you had a choice in World challenge, bigger front tires or ABS you pic. So even without ABS the Gen 3/4/5 system is race bred and superior to the Gen 2 brake system.

Looks like only 3 systems left now.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great kit had mine a few years now .... FANTASTIC upgrade, Its what the Gen2 should of come with....

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FACT: The SRT10 Competition Coupes used the Gen 3 Brakes without the aid of ABS in world Challenge for many years, you had a choice in World challenge, bigger front tires or ABS you pic. So even without ABS the Gen 3/4/5 system is race bred and superior to the Gen 2 brake system.
Yep, 275s up front W/ABS or 305s w/out. 305s everytime!

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much work is involved installing these on a 97 gts? Car has 18" Wheels

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are 18" HRE wheels

There should be no issue, you may need to run a spacer if the forks of the wheel come to touch the caliper, each wheel is different, Some VR1's had no problems some did, .25 to 5/16 spacers will do the trick if necessary.

PSiEK!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are GEN 1 17 inch wheels (& tires) the only thing keeping this kit from working on a 1994 RT/10? Or is there something else that would prevent putting this on a GEN 1? I am looking for upgrade options, this would seem to LOOK like a viable option, but it is not listed under the GEN 1 section of your website.

I am thinking that if I were to get this kit and GEN III or GEN IV stock 5 spoke wheels it should work on a 1994 RT/10.

Please correct me if I am wrong, and thanks for your help in advance.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are GEN 1 17 inch wheels (& tires) the only thing keeping this kit from working on a 1994 RT/10? .
Yes, your 17" rims are the limiting factor. You need a 99 or later 18" stock Viper wheel or go 18" or larger aftermarket. I'm sure Steve has more detailed info for you.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are GEN 1 17 inch wheels (& tires) the only thing keeping this kit from working on a 1994 RT/10? Or is there something else that would prevent putting this on a GEN 1? I am looking for upgrade options, this would seem to LOOK like a viable option, but it is not listed under the GEN 1 section of your website.

I am thinking that if I were to get this kit and GEN III or GEN IV stock 5 spoke wheels it should work on a 1994 RT/10.

Please correct me if I am wrong, and thanks for your help in advance.

Gen 1 knuckles are a big problem as well, different design and made of steel vs aluminum, I am working on a Gen 1 kit, so if there are other Gen 1'ers out there....

ROLL CALL!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang