4-point seat belts

Matrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I have installed my sparco 4-point seat belt harnesses. What have you done against the "Piep" Signal, when you haven´t fasten your OEM seat belts?

Fabian

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
First and foremost, at least in the US, even if you have a 4 - 6 point harness installed....

The Gov't doesn't recognize that as a seat belt, and you must still wear your 3 point unit.

BUT, if for some reason you would like to turn off the "Piep" (I'm assuming that's German for "Beep"?), check your owners manual, as I believe there is a series of ignition key turns that will do the trick.

05Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe is right, I shut mine off following the proceedure in the owners manual. No more beepiing. Don't have my book handy, but it is in there.

OP
OP
M

Matrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have in Germany street legal seat belts for sale, I will take a picture of the belts installed this week and attach it here in the forum.

Here the link of my belts:

http://www.sandtler.de/katalogangebote/gurte/sparco/bilder/4632_rot.jpg

I must look, which part no. the seat-belts have, I´m still in my company and I didn´t have the invoice of the seat belts for the part-no. here.

I must cut the seat belts and make them shorter, because they are to long for a viper, but it is very easy.

If I can choose, I have bought the simpson belts, but they are not street legal in Germany, because the have no ECE Certificate.

If in the US only 3-point belts are allowed, you can buy them also by sparco :)

look at the picture:

http://www.sandtler.de/katalogangebote/gurte/sparco/bilder/4638_rot.jpg

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at the pictures that were posted of the Sparco belts and I have to tell you that those are belts that were used 30 years ago in bracket drag racing. They are also used in JR. drag racing. They are not fit for use in a viper as they are only 2" wide and use an 1960 style latch and buckle. You are betting your life on these and believe me you will loose. Get the real thing, a 5 or 6 pt 3" wide latch or ratchet type harness. You will thank me in the long run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper