5 things I love and hate about my gen 5

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
#1 your going to piss off steve with one of those items you identified, the world doesn't need to know that

I did however notice that most of the things you didn't like were for people that are not your size, so your right, you did reach a bit for those 5 annoyances :)

OP
OP
Z

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
#1 your going to piss off steve with one of those items you identified, the world doesn't need to know that

I did however notice that most of the things you didn't like were for people that are not your size, so your right, you did reach a bit for those 5 annoyances :)

I thought about not posting #1 for that exact reason, however, if you do a quick google search you can easily find out how to do it. If someone wants to get under your hood, they easily can. My video is not gonna make or break anything ;)

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice videos. Conclusion: If you're fat, infirm, or stupid enough to leave your TA parked for a prolonged period at a government subsidized apartment complex.....it probably ain't for you.

OP
OP
Z

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice videos. Conclusion: If you're fat, infirm, or stupid enough to leave your TA parked for a prolonged period at a government subsidized apartment complex.....it probably ain't for you.

Lmao!! Well said my friend

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
At 71 years old, entering and exiting any year Viper coupe is my #1 complaint.

Used to hop in and out of my 02 GTS ... no anymore ...

Looking at a Wrangler or SRT Charger or 300C Platinum ... DAMN!!!!

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used the adjustable pedals and I would have to say that is on my like list. My list of loves about the Gen V is much longer. Most of the things on your hate list are an easy remedy. The hood issue I will agree with
You on that one, maybe not the best placement. The remedy is simple, never leave your car unattended in a public place or take it somewhere shady. The hot door sills after driving, that can fixed with heat wrap on the exhaust,
Carbon fiber door sills (these replace your factory issued). Etc. Etc. My favorite complaint though was not enough room. Dear lord, you didn't buy a minivan sir. I laughed my a** off on that one.

OP
OP
Z

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have used the adjustable pedals and I would have to say that is on my like list. My list of loves about the Gen V is much longer. Most of the things on your hate list are an easy remedy. The hood issue I will agree with
You on that one, maybe not the best placement. The remedy is simple, never leave your car unattended in a public place or take it somewhere shady. The hot door sills after driving, that can fixed with heat wrap on the exhaust,
Carbon fiber door sills (these replace your factory issued). Etc. Etc. My favorite complaint though was not enough room. Dear lord, you didn't buy a minivan sir. I laughed my a** off on that one.

Ha! Agreed - lot of the complaints were petty but done on purpose to really show that there really isn't much to complain about. The cockpit is tight for sure, but it fits me perfectly so I don't mind. Anyone over 6 foot I can see it being a little cramped. The previous owner of my car sold it to me for that exact reason - he couldn't see street lights when stopped LOL

98RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice videos and I love the orange. Always wondered why it was harder to get into the hatch than under the hood.

Here's my dislike list:
1 - I don't have one
2 - Can't afford one (***** but have to be honest with myself). Love my 98 though!
3 - hmmm...

Can't think of anymore. Guess I'll stop at 2.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
98RedGTS, I agree with your list, I am in the same boat, but my 99GTS is so F in cool I am fine.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys thats nice of you to say, Now that I am in Arizona I think I am close to where Free is, Maybe some day we can meet half way at a place to eat and talk, but Free you have to be on good behavior, I am getting to old to be in a bar fight, but you know I will have your back::DD

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a good time Steve. Halfway would put your ass here in Texas with me. What are you, about 6'7 in boots? That'd be a good enough deterrent for most people :D

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still perfecting my Arizona look with boots and cowboy hat, and John Wayne holster and six shooter.:D

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still perfecting my Arizona look with boots and cowboy hat, and John Wayne holster and six shooter.:D

What is it, 130 degrees there right now? You liking it better then Jersey?

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I had a friend move to Az

He told me it was the perfect place for him

He said
"Where I can be HOT and no one looks at me and laughs"

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone gets the weather reports from Phoenix, and yes its hot, but I am in Prescott at 5800 feet, its nice, I wasted my life in NJ it *****. And Jeff tell your friend to pull up his zipper. Right now its 72 and cloudy.

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Prescott......

A very good friend of mine has just recently moved there from Seattle. As a retirement gift, he bought a Copperhead Edition

So when you see Silverback aka Dad, say high for me

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prescott......

A very good friend of mine has just recently moved there from Seattle. As a retirement gift, he bought a Copperhead Edition

So when you see Silverback aka Dad, say high for me

Does he still have his Cobra?

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mean your Dad is here in Prescott, its not a big place, I can meet him and say hi, if you want. I have not seen any Vipers in Presott yet, lots of old cars and bikes.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Do you mean your Dad is here in Prescott, its not a big place, I can meet him and say hi, if you want. I have not seen any Vipers in Presott yet, lots of old cars and bikes.

He's moving as we type, the viper may not be there...yet

John is a very good friend, so much so, there are a number of us that refer to him as Dad. i guess because he always refers to us as kids

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's moving as we type, the viper may not be there...yet

John is a very good friend, so much so, there are a number of us that refer to him as Dad. i guess because he always refers to us as kids

You whippersnappers...