537 RWHP and 571 RWTQ with bolt ons and no NOS...

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too late
smile.gif

Sean, VERY nice, that looks stock! Any track times yet? What's the pricing on this kit? Amazing what lots of cubes does, at 5 PSI I would be lucky to see 250 RWHP
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken Larsen:
how much???? drool.drool.
dont let the supra guys see this.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go! I-M-P-R-E-S-S-I-V-E!!!!!!! I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!!

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a dyno graph? What did the car make before the supercharger was installed? Looks like maybe a 100 rwhp gain?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Sean!
I am anxious to see the HP gain from the S/C! Looks like around 100rwhp. Then 70+ for the Stage II! You've got something here!
Will be looking forward to the final pricing. Keep us updated as always!
Alot of us have been looking for something just like this!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean:

I am NO magician with these numbers but: if you assume 537 RWHP and add 15% back to the flywheel (617) and subtract 35 HP for the filter/tubes and exhaust (582) (all #'s are rough guestimates) it would seem that your SC would add over 130 HP to a bone stock Gen 2! That's simply terrific!!!
embarass.gif

Are you taking deposits? Please give us some approximate $'s and timing. This will require some extensive budgeting!

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright sean.
my questions still stand
when?
will supply meet demand
BTW what will the final color/finish be? Polished?
Can't wait-want it, need it, gotta have it!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, I'm finally getting a chance to scan the dyno graphs.
To answer some of the questions posted:

A Gen 1 system is a good possibility. I plan to take this prototype off the GTS and see what it would take to set it up on the '94 in the next few weeks. Can't tell you much more until that happens. I do think a Gen 1 with the blower would make a helluva lot of torque.

Air / Fuel ratios, as tested by EFI Systems with a wideband O2 sensor placed in the header collector were 12.2 to 12.4:1 at full throttle over 4500 rpm. You'll see the results on the dyno graphs I'm scanning also, but these were read after the cats today (sensor up the tailpipe), so it shows leaner than actual pre-cat readings by about .6 V or so, since the cat is burning the excess fuel.

Regarding gains, there are the peak number gains and the area under the curve. The peak #'s gained 85 RWHP (about 100 at the crank) and 81 RWTQ over the pre-SC run. Not bad for the hand fabricated prototype. I expect the production system will do better.

For finish, we will get the superchargers and drives in black anodized and polished. Your choice of finish. The intake tubes will probably not be red unless we can match it better.

The systems could be available in as little as 6 to 8 weeks. But, I want to take this prototype and have tight tolerance production units made and it may take longer. We will most likely offer them with fabricated manifolds at first. I know you're all as anxious as I would be, but we need to take the time to do it right. I haven't tried to rush anything with the kit so far and I don't want to start now. Not worth any compromise in quality.

There should be enough supply available to meet demand.

Regarding deposits, let me think about that one for a while. It would be good to establish an order and I do have some people on the list already.

The price:
<FONT size="5">$5,995</FONT s>

Now, I've got to get back to scanning
smile.gif

Sean

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, the scanner is slow and I’ve been on the phone
smile.gif

In this first graph, the previous test (run 4) was done on our ’96 GTS with the following modifications over stock: Smooth tubes, S&B air filters, Borla 17113 headers, high flow cats, Borla cat-back side exhaust, aluminum flywheel and our VEC1. Dyno run 8 from today was with the addition of the prototype Supercharger manifold at 5psi boost.

You must be registered for see images

This second graph is the same test as above, but shows the Post Catalytic Converter Air / Fuel Ratio. Note that the reading is safe since the converters are burning off excess fuel and show a leaner reading than the actual Pre Cat Air / Fuel Ratio.

This third graph is interesting. It shows the time it took the engine to pull the car from the start speed to 140 mph. In 4th gear, the car accelerated from approximately 60 mph to 140 mph in 9.4 seconds before, where it now does the same pull in 7.85 seconds with the supercharger.

Sean

P.S.
A few points I forgot to mention. Our car made 396 RWHP stock (a little bit low by comparison). The Supercharger kit can easily be installed in a day. We're going to have a one to two year warranty on the parts and finally, the only additional maintenance is changing the SC oil at 15,000 miles or less.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Sean Roe on 04-08-2002 at 08:28 PM</font>

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice going, Sean! 85 RWHP for $6500 (installed) is the best bang-for-the-buck non-NOS Viper mod out there! I expect the line is forming... err, now
smile.gif

Congrats!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting with Bated (or baited) breath for the Gen I results.

Ron

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's kind of a strange graph
confused.gif
It seems like it ran out of steam around 4K RPM then picks back up a 5K and continues making 500 lb/tq from 5K+ Heck it looks like it would have went to 550+ HP at 6K if you kept going. Do you have a boost log? i.e. how much boost at 3K 4K etc? does it go right to 5 lb at 3K and stay there? Almost seems like the boost went to near zero at 4.5K maybe there is more potential with some fine tuning?

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean Roe:
P.S.
A few points I forgot to mention. Our car made 396 RWHP stock (a little bit low by comparison) .
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean, I am just curious as to how low the serial number is on your 96 GTS. I have one of the first 50 GTS's made in 96 and I think my stock rwhp was a little low by comparison to others too. Just wondering if the HP picked up after the first batch of GTS's were made in 96. I have almost exactly the same mods as you and will be dynoing my car again in a few weeks to see the results of your hi-flow cats and VEC-1.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Ran the GTS on the dyno today with the 5 psi system (stock fuel pump, lines and PCM with VEC1) with headers, high flow cats, 3" cat-back, smooth tubes and S&B air filters.
I'll scan and post the pages of graphs later today, but it had 571 RWTQ at 3,500 RPM and 537 RWHP (and still climbing) at 5,700 RPM.

I love it whan a plan comes together
smile.gif

Sean

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sean, I am also curious, as MES is, as to why the gains exhibited under boost are not continuously proportional. (Wow, can't beleive I said that! Hope no one asks me what exactly I mean by it.)
laugh.gif

I did some experiments with forward and reverse curves blades, with an electric drive, on a bowtie 350. It was fun, and I learned a lot. Most of my gains were at lower RPMs, and as I got to around 3500 RPM, the gain dropped off. The single impeller did not move enough volume of air, after 3500 RPM. I was going to a twin set up, but then the 92 Viper came out, and I shelved the project!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The boost is steady at 5 psi from the instant you go full throttle above 1,800 rpm.

Our car has always had that dip in the curve, but it seems a little more pronounced on the dyno graph now. I've never felt like the power drops off when driving the car at full throttle, either before the blower or after. The smoothing on the graph was set at 0 on a scale of 5, so it looks choppy. I could have set the smoothing to a higher number and had it show nicer looking curves, but this is actual.

Since the A/F ratio stays steady, it's either a mechanical function of the engine or a timing issue with the PCM mapping. We put new plug wires on it and tightened up the plug gap to .030" and it didn't change. The engine has over 150 dyno testing pulls on it.

We're going to put on a set of 1&3/4 B&B headers with merge collectors and see how it does compared to these Borla's with 1&5/8" primaries.

Sean

PS.
I just found in my research records a dyno graph from a '99 Viper with a Novi 2000 SC at 8 psi boost, water injection and no intercooler, that has a very similar graph, including the dip. I'll scan it and post it later today.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Sean Roe on 04-09-2002 at 04:22 PM</font>

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's the graph of a '99 Viper with an 8 psi Novi 2000 centrifugal SC system with water injection and no intercooler. This is for comparison to the graphs above.
I have no idea where the smoothing was set on the graph, but it does have some.

Sean

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Sean Roe on 04-09-2002 at 11:49 AM</font>