550 CID thread???

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

I don't know how you do it... you must have the patience of ghandi and the constitution of an ox. I'd be jaded loooong before now :)

I honestly didn't read the original thread - it was pulled before I could look. On the one hand, maybe that means I'm talking out my sphincter. On the other, maybe it makes my feelings unbiased. I dunno. But I do know there is TONS of stories in this club about various tuners. There are folks that don't like me, and that's OK.. if someone wanted to post a "Mike Brunton is a ****" thread, it wouldn't bother me - I figure people who got something from some of my posts would step in and argue the point. And if nobody got anything from my posts and it turned into a "bash Mike" thread, then I'd probably sit down and think "what did I do to make everyone think I'm such a ****?"

I think the same would happen for a tuner also. If the good outweighs the bad significantly, that says something, as does the opposite. If you REALLY wanted to be fair, shouldn't second hand complimentary threads be disallowed also? :) I mean if I post "my friend Jason's Heffner car is AWESOME!" shouldn't that also be pulled since it's tuner-rating and it's not first hand?

Just something to think about.... you can take all the money of mine you like - there ain't much to take :)

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a buddy who bought XXXXX brand air conditioner and he had nothing but trouble.

I had a buddy who bought one of those XXXXX cars and it was nothing but crud.

I had a buddy who got contractor XXXXX to build his house and he had a bad time.

I had a buddy who had XXXXX mod his car and the engine dropped a valve and added new vents to the block.

None of these would be allowed in the Snake Pit, right?

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 550 CID thread??? Come to the Viper Nationals and settle it!!!

Viper Nationals is the perfect place and format to settle any of these performance questions. This years feature is the Mod 2 Quick 8 shootout. Mod 2 will feature the SC vs NOS cars. Rules are below:
VIPER NATIONALS SEPTEMBER 12-14 NORWALK CHRYSLER CLASSIC

MOD 2 HEADS UP RULES
Ground Rules: This class is designed for the group of Vipers with a streetable power adder or modified all motor. Cars who have generally not yet produced a 9 sec ET. We can only have one heads up class, if more people attend these events we will certainly expand. We also offer a dial in class with a cash purse for cars not fitting this format. All Fast 8 cars can compete in both classes.

All cars must be street registered and insured in your home state.
Cars limited to privateers. Meaning no tuner's shop test cars. Final decision with be that of the OHIO VCA.

Cars must be production Vipers with V10, T-56 Six speed trans (No clutchless Trans), Production Viper rear end with stock suspension. ie. No solid axle rear ends, automatic transmissions or other competition transmission.

Bodies must be of stock materials, Windows must be factory glass, must have full interior. ie. No Gutting or lightweight panels.

Wheels can be aftermarket. Tires can be slicks and skinnies.

Engine Mods limited to ONE Power ADDER. One stage of NOS, or ONE blower or turbo.
NOS systems must deliver via throttle body plates or a dry injection. NO Port Injection. Must have stock intake manifold.
Blowers from Roe, Heffner or Levin are approved.
Turbo? contact us.
All Motor; any bolt on or internal modifications. (Aftermarket or fabricated intakes OK)

Tech will be conducted by the OHIO VCA. Norwalk is an IHRA track. They are very liberal roll bar rules.

Ohio VCA will have Final approval of any participant in the Fast 8.
The fastest 8 during a timed run Friday Sept 12 or the morning of Sat Sept 13 will be eligible for the Heads Up shoot out. Ohio VCA reserves the option to expand the field beyond 8 cars based on car count and performance level.

The Fastest 8 cars will compete, heads up/full tree on Saturday afternoon. The Fast 8 will round robin until a winner is determined. Pairing will be developed on Sportsman ladder. ie. 1 races 5, 2 races 6 etc.

The purse is $1000 to win, $250 RU. Plus contingencies.
All participants are then eligible to compete in the dial program with all other vipers. Purse $500 to win, $250 RU. Plus contingencies (So far PartsPack donated two rear 18" tires for the quickest et on real street tires and two $100 gift certificates)
This event will also feature a Viper car show with trophies, entrants can attend Tower Suite hospitality, 40x80 tent in a private pit area for Vipers and the Dream Car Garage dinner Sat night. (We need to know a count on dinner, it's steak and lobster) All courtesy of the Ohio VCA and Clavin Smith!!!!

OK pleeeeaze give me constructive comments on the format described. This is all we can do until we get people willing to race, not just complain.
Thanks call me with any questions or concerns. 330 644 4459.

Pre register at classicevents.com It's only $65.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If someone knows and has seen the problem first hand then it should be posted (allowed) If the owner and tuner have not talked or tryed to work it out yet then the tuner bashing or praising should stay on hold until that time. We also should realize that a tuner can do everything perfect and "stuff" happens, Its mechanical and that's just the way it is. Substandard parts would not be part of the "stuff happens", not that it applies to this deal. That said, I have first hand dealings with one of the parties...on the east cost...and whatever happened, couldn't happened to nicer guy. I AM LMAO.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just to Clarify.....the reference to the east coast person is not Jason Heffner. I have only talked with Jason on the phone and he seems like a knowledgable and great guy. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

The policy is in place for a reason, to prevent inaccurate information when a situation occurs between a Tuner and a customer. In this case we did what many asked for last year. The thread was removed, and the original poster was emailed an explanation why. He did not reply to that email saying "I am in possession of the car, and have permission to legally represent and speak for the person who owns the car".

As for the comment on why Apex's post is standing. Well, it is first hand. I also talked to Jason, and based on what he said, Apexs post is correct.

Yes, there is an issue that needs to be resolved between APEX and their customer. It is unfortunate that Mash is out of contact, but is it not the right thing to do to let him or his "stand-in" deal with the issue before a lot of misinformation is posted?

This thread is being moved to the place were the policy discussions are to occur.... per the policy :}, OK?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave