6 dollar interior upgrade...

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A while back some of us were discussing ways to jazz up the embossed emblem in the center of the steering wheel. Here is what I came up with. I got a lapel pin off of ebay (chrome plate and enamel). I ground off the pin from the back and adhered it to the steering wheel with some 3M automotive double sided tape (the thin stuff for body side moulding).
Make sure to prep the wheel with an alcohol wipe to remove any Armour-all, etc.
Although the emblem is slightly smaller than the embossed emblem, it is framed nicely by the existing embossed crest.
The pin weighs practically nothing and I don't believe it could possibly interfere with air bag function. Total cost....6 bucks including shipping.

You must be registered for see images

GTS Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll poke your eye out! lol Looks good but I wonder what would happen in the event of air-bag deployment

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great but, couldn't that end up permanently embeded in your face in the air bag went off?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Jeff:
You'll poke your eye out! lol Looks good but I wonder what would happen in the event of air-bag deployment <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sing along with me..........

"I'm PopEye The Viper Man........
I'm PopEye The Viper Man.......
My eye's in the shop, cause my airbag went POP...
Im POPEYE the Viper Man........

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As one who has done the airbag taste test I think I recall the bag cover folds to the downside upon deployment. The emblem will most likely fly off upon deployment as the vinyl deforms. No "one eyed snake" references yet?...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Fischer:
As one who has done the airbag taste test I think I recall the bag cover folds to the downside upon deployment. The emblem will most likely fly off upon deployment as the vinyl deforms.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I figured. Even if it was loosely attached it would probably fall downward.

OP
OP
V

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep,I'll be sure to wear my "cup" while driving.
P.S. The majority of eye injuries that occur from airbag deployment are from eyeglasses and sun glasses worn at the time of impact. Trust me, I spent enough time suturing them up in the O.R.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
You probably won't want to see your Viper after the airbag deploys anyway!
frown.gif

JonB,
Luv the song ....needed the laugh!
laugh.gif
Any chance that cabin fever is getting to you up there in snow country? By the way, mounted up the Viper 18s you sent me today. Look great...THANKS!
Will send pics.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can confirm Pauls post that the airbag cover does indeed fold down.

And the interior of the car looks horrible with both airbags draped down from their holders
frown.gif

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The passenger air bag cover goes / opens upwards though...not that I was passenger on my personel bite from the air bag experience.

I agree with you Mike, the interior looks horrid
crying.gif
with those air bags hanging out. Wish they hadn't made them white either...(although I'm a nurse and 'used' to seeing blood and 'gore') it sends a chill down my spine when I see the blood marks on that white air bag. I think Dodge should color the air bags red! (...not that I ever intend on seeing them again!)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4