60,000 for no stripes!

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a low mileage one owner, no stories 2001 sapphire blue or 2002 graphite ACR sell to me now before the prices fall even lower with the release of the Blue Demon, correction Devil.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what, what. You know, the ZR1 Blue Devil, the ultimate vette when this thing hits the streets its all over, it will put the vette on top again once and for all.
Sorry about the Demon part I'm a Mopar guy at heart.

Last edited:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't see prices falling much lower on the Graphite or Sapphire GTS or ACR's with or without stripes. They have been hanging around the same level for a few years now and the nice low mile cars are getting farther and fewer apart. You may find a deal here and there if you are at the right place at the right time but they go quick. :nono:

What is the Blue Demon? If you are talking about the Blue Devil ZR1 Corvette I do not think it will effect Viper prices even a little bit especially at its 100k plus dealer markup price. Atleast it won't effect them negatively. :confused:

By the way, nice Cuda's. :2tu:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody understands what you asked

He wants somebody to sell him their solid (no stripe) Graphite or Sapphire ACR for 60g because when the ZR1 comes out he thinks it is going to affect Viper prices in a negative way. Atleast thats my best guess. :lmao: :confused:

OP
OP
C

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to mega multi task here at the office and was thinking Demon instead of Devil.
Not trying to really get off the subject of buying someones ACR but, I do think the Vette will hurt prices on the I and II gen cars, 605 Hp in a 2900 pound package for 100K is pretty hard to resist.
Anyhow I am still looking for a Sapphire or graphite no stripe ACR.

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you find more than one for $60,000, I'll take it. I'm also looking for an 06 Ford GT, one owner, low miles for $125,000.:D

OP
OP
C

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you find more than one for $60,000, I'll take it. I'm also looking for an 06 Ford GT, one owner, low miles for $125,000.:D

60,000 is the ball park.
There is a beautiful grey 06 GT on e-bay 8k miles ends in 9 hrs.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you want to buy a car at $60K before prices fall? Not sure that makes sense. I thought it was buy low, sell high. :dunno:

If you are trying to sell your car, I don't think the new ZR1 will make much of a difference in Viper prices. Especially since it is more in the ballpark (price, performance, etc.) of the 08 ACR.

I don't think older Vipers will be affected at all.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree prices won't be affected too much... And a much better deal is to S/C a Viper and get way more than 600hp for a lot less than 100,000+... Then you also get a Gen2 Viper's looks.

OP
OP
C

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I added the Blue Demon/Devil vette thing in there to stir the ***, its gonna be one sweet ride, I have no clue if it will or will not effect anything heck, if I knew that I would pull the lotto numbers out of thin air.

Still looking for the needle in the haystack ACR.

pauljkopick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cudavip no fear,I will sell you my 01 Yellow R/T,Doug Levin special (900 + RWHP) for 110K & you wont have to worrry about a blue anything.:rolaugh::rolaugh::lmao::lmao::headbang::headbang::usa::usa::usa::cool::cool::lmao::lmao::rolaugh::rolaugh:

OP
OP
C

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul no doudt a capable machine you have there just not what I'm currently in the market for let alone comming from a family who build/race top fuel elephants I think something like 7000+hp last I heard I would have a lot of explaining to do at a family gathering once they got wind I spent money on a built Mopar and they had nothing to do with it I kinda can almost hear em now starts with *** an hour later end with WRONG WITH YOU :rolleyes:.

Just looking for a pristine stock ACR in my colors with no stripes/no stories.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Trying to mega multi task here at the office and was thinking Demon instead of Devil.
Not trying to really get off the subject of buying someones ACR but, I do think the Vette will hurt prices on the I and II gen cars, 605 Hp in a 2900 pound package for 100K is pretty hard to resist.
Anyhow I am still looking for a Sapphire or graphite no stripe ACR.

Its anywhere from 3300 to 3350 according to MT, C+D, and R+T. All their Feb issues featured the ZR1. Sure, its a great car, I wouldn't mind owning one.

For now, I'm just going to mod the GTS. Lightweight wheels, rotors, tripple Penskes + Hypercoils, lightweight flywheel, Striker heads and cam, Jesel rollers, thats where I'm at with it now. Carz just too good lookin', to let go of it !!!

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, they're only going to produce 2,000 of the ZR1's for the first year meaning you're either going to have to anny up a hell of a lot more than the 100K MSRP and/or have your foot in the right door to get one. Don't see this having any affect on the Vip's. Or at least not yet.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the price won't be affected at all, since it is still a Chevette, er......corvette

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I added the Blue Demon/Devil vette thing in there to stir the ***, its gonna be one sweet ride, I have no clue if it will or will not effect anything heck, if I knew that I would pull the lotto numbers out of thin air.

Still looking for the needle in the haystack ACR.

The ZR1 isn't the car that you would have to worry about hurting prices on the Viper. A corvette is a corvette; regardless of what model or performance it has- People buy a Viper because they want a Viper. Yes performance is definitely important; but regardless on how fast new cars become.. a GENI/GENII Viper will always be a top performing machine and sets itself far apart from the common Vette. Anyways, if you were looking at a car that could hurt any current SportsCar's price..You would have to look towards Nissan's new GTR.. that will be on top of a lot of people's lists.

ZR1 looks exactly the same as the C6 and Z06 with a few minor changes to the overall exterior/hood and wheels. But yes, it's new and improved performance is amazing..its very fast- and that is what it was made for.

However, almost everyone has a Corvette; so most likely a huge percentage of the people who buy the new ZR1 will mainly be the die-hard corvette enthusiasts considering I can't imagine anyone else spending that much money on a corvette. For crying out loud you could buy a Ferrari F355, 360 Modena or possibly the legendary 512TR for the price of the new ZR1.. only a corvette enthusiast would choose to buy a corvette over a Ferrari... :lmao:

I am betting that any car guy or girl with a lot of money to spend on a new toy will still buy the newest Viper and especially The new GTR over the ZR1..

I have never once seen a skyline in my life and the fact that the new GTR is for sale in the USA- if I had the money, I'd very much consider buying one.. after my 96 GTS of course :D

Last edited:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and what does a new option package on the Corvette or any other car have anything to do with used Viper prices?????????????????

It won't :2tu:

When new cars come out usually the demand for them is much higher then what is already available on the market. So in most cases if anyone was looking to sell their car they might be more willing to lower the prices to attract buyers from buying the new toys that come out. I think that is the basic point cudavip was trying to make.

However, from the rumors of the Viper not being in production for too much longer would make the Viper prices go up if anything.

Regardless though, I remember a 96-97 Viper brand new was mid 60s to low 70s and now you can get them mid 40s to 50s so with anything all prices will drop eventually; however, I strongly believe the GENII GTS will hold its value for a long time... :smirk:

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still not sure what this thread is about. I'll sell my 02 ACR with 5,000 miles in excellant condion for $60K. It has NO STRIPES.
You must be registered for see images attach

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still not sure what this thread is about. I'll sell my 02 ACR with 5,000 miles in excellant condion for $60K. It has NO STRIPES.
You must be registered for see images attach

And I 100% believe you'd be extremely smart to be doing so. I sold mine (02 ACR) and anyone can speculate on where they are going to go, but certainly right now, today, 60k is hell of a good price to get for one.

They say the market has hit bottom ;-) speculate on that, and put 60k in it, and in 2 years, buy ANY car you could possible want, when you double and tripple that money easily :)

Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery