600 RWHP GEN IV With Stock ECU

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my car back after I had my heads ported and finally got 600 at the wheels. I wanted to be able to make 600 rwhp in my Gen IV, while keeping the stock ECU and cats. Here's the post from our local board. The car gained 68 rwhp/68 rwtq over stock:D
The car started at 535 rwhp/ 500rwtq when it was 100%stock. The first dyno of 540rwhp was with a flat panel K&N.

BTW The final STD corrected number was 617RWHP:drive:

There’s a baseline dyno, a dyno after the Belanger header install, and dyno graphs showing progress as they ported the intake manifold and heads, to monitor gains with each set of modifications.

You must be registered for see images attach

Heads are off the car, and you can see the Belanger Headers that were installed almost a year ago.

John is in charge of all the porting work, and here he is in the middle of porting the head

Some shots of the finished work:

And the dyno chart showing the gains through the various stages of work:

Big thanks to Dallas Performance and Taylor. The car runs perfect (no codes), has better throttle response, better acceleration, and feels a hell of alot quicker. I'll be taking the car to the track to get some real world results....looking for 10.7's and 190+ at the mile:D

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very healthy numbers, especially for a stock ECU/cats car. Congrats.

Can't wait to see how you do at the 1/4 and at the Standing Mile. Both of those goals sound very possible with the power you are putting down.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99FRC,

Nice looking work Dallas Performance and good job hitting 603 RWHP!!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy G.
=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER= :usa:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
A few of our local So Cal guys have had the head porting, headers and intake mods done at DC Performance and they are getting about the same peak power results for hp / tq.

You're going to like it on the track.

Dan

OP
OP

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't do 3" high-flow cats and cat-back? I'd think that would give you at least another 10-20 hp over what you got from everything else. Nice pics!

MY BAD! The car has highflow cats not stock cats:omg:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good write up and great power! As Dan @ DC says, welcome to the 700 club. After all that work and $$$'s you should really consider adding the mopar ECU even if only for track. It's not going to add that much peak power but it will make more power across the whole band as well as reduce the DBW throttle lag. Have fun and be safe. Mike

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for clarity, when it's all said and done, this is a $2,000 (all in) investment for 50-70 additional rwhp (without creating controller codes)?

OP
OP

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good write up and great power! As Dan @ DC says, welcome to the 700 club. After all that work and $$$'s you should really consider adding the mopar ECU even if only for track. It's not going to add that much peak power but it will make more power across the whole band as well as reduce the DBW throttle lag. Have fun and be safe. Mike

Thanks...I will be getting the ECU soon.:D I've been waiting and waiting for someone to crack the stock controller:dunno:

OP
OP

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know also.........;)

I'll see if I can get some pics. I think it was simple....they smoothed out all of the rough spots in the stock air box and throttle bodies.

Let me ask the shop and I'll get back to you guys ASAP:2tu:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for clarity, when it's all said and done, this is a $2,000 (all in) investment for 50-70 additional rwhp (without creating controller codes)?

If that is about the cost, it seems like a bargain. I have always had a preference to good old NA hp. I particularly like how they put plastic wrap around the fenders underneath the regular snap on blankets and on the fascia to protect the paint at the shop. I look foward to Mopar controller numbers. :drive:

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Job!

Enjoy your All Motor

With so many All Motor build underway,

time may be right to get a 700+ Viper All Motor Website started...

or at least a dedicated VCA section on 700 All Motor Builds to further fuel this passion, with info & pics & stories.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

$2,000 for 50-70 whp? The Belanger's were almost $3,500 alone. I think some people were saying they've spent close to $13,000 to get similar numbers. I believe Mike spent a good deal less than that though. I believe the shop that did the work (Dallas Performance) is looking to join VCA as a sponsor, so they will post up pricing for their package once that's finalized.

From what Mike told me, he's had a cat inefficiency CEL from the Belanger's. Mark J. said it happens when you are just driving around town, without getting on it every now and then, but that's just a Belanger only issue. The porting jobs shouldn't set off any CEL's, right?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is about the cost, it seems like a bargain. I have always had a preference to good old NA hp. I particularly like how they put plastic wrap around the fenders underneath the regular snap on blankets and on the fascia to protect the paint at the shop. I look foward to Mopar controller numbers. :drive:

$2,000 for 50-70 whp? The Belanger's were almost $3,500 alone. I think some people were saying they've spent close to $13,000 to get similar numbers. I believe Mike spent a good deal less than that though. I believe the shop that did the work (Dallas Performance) is looking to join VCA as a sponsor, so they will post up pricing for their package once that's finalized.

From what Mike told me, he's had a cat inefficiency CEL from the Belanger's. Mark J. said it happens when you are just driving around town, without getting on it every now and then, but that's just a Belanger only issue. The porting jobs shouldn't set off any CEL's, right?

If my post suggested some opinion about this modification, then it was purely incidental rather than intended.

I was just trying to get my (rather short) arms around the final cost/yield info. I'm considering it myself.

OP
OP

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If my post suggested some opinion about this modification, then it was purely incidental rather than intended.

I was just trying to get my (rather short) arms around the final cost/yield info. I'm considering it myself.

Final cost for Belangers, Ported Intake, Airbbox mod, Ported heads, oil change, spark plugs, catch can, new bolts and gaskets, and RR was around 9k:omg:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala