:(

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tomorrow's the big day. Off to get the oil changed and then cleaned up to sit in the garage for a few months.

Any major recommendations for storage? ie: full tank of gas, start it during winter, etc...

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw " :( " as the subject and thought "damn, another wreck". Luckily, I was way off. Full tank of gas with some stabil, battery tender, only crank up IF you take it out for a short drive or let it get up to FULL operating temperature before shutting her off.

OP
OP
L

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah. I figured that people would think it was a wreck... Luckily not THAT bad, but depressing none the less.

Luckily I have some things that'll keep me up and going. Decals, and random cool stuff that'll be fun.

Hopefully it warms up a bit here and there so I can take her out. Main problems are salt and sand, etc...

Copernicus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the remainder of the fluids have not been serviced, now may be a good time to exchange those as well. Trans, diff, power steering, clutch, brake, and antifreeze

OP
OP
L

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Copernicus, can any shop do that? There's not a Viper tech very close from here so would I need to take it in to a Viper tech to do that? They've told me before that they won't do anything but the basics due to liability issues. How much would it cost to get all the fluids serviced?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Copernicus, can any shop do that? There's not a Viper tech very close from here so would I need to take it in to a Viper tech to do that? They've told me before that they won't do anything but the basics due to liability issues. How much would it cost to get all the fluids serviced?

If you are mechanically inclined you can pay for some equipment instantly.

$340.00 Race Ramps
$300.00 Two aluminum quick pump floor jacks from Northern Tool
$40.00 Good set of jack stands
$80.00 MityVac pneumatic evacuator
$60.00 MityVac hand pump

If you want to spend more then buy a real lift. But I've had my tranny out twice, changed all of my fluids, and the above parts list is paid for.

All items light, portable and easy to store away.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
L

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much does it cost to pay them to do it:p? I'm not very mechanically inclined...:(

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd bet a minimum of 3 hrs shop time up to 6 hours worst case.

Plus fluids.

Tranny fluid $80.00
Diff fluid $35.00
Engine & Filter $55.00
Coolant & Water Wetter $45.00
Brake & Clutch Fluid $10.00
Power Steering $10.00

So, fluids at $235.00. Probably more since they like to make a profit.

3 to 6 hours labor at $90.00 hour.

Adds up. Which is why I bought the ramps and stuff.

But I am very mechanically inclined, a mega bonus.

Copernicus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased fluids from the local stealership yesterday so the number is fresh in my mind. For the transmission fluid (4 @ $22.50/quart), differential (2 @ $27.50/quart), limited slip additive (1 @ $8.50/4 oz).

If you are not mechanically inclined, you should be able to find any competent mechanic who can perform the drain/refill of fluids. Just find one you can trust not to take it for a test spin.

The ones I am confident you would be able to exchange yourself with little headache are the power steering and clutch. All you need is two turkey basters, quart of power steering fluid, and pint of brake fluid. Just lift the tops, suction out, refill, pump clutch and turn steering wheel back and forth a few times or take for a spin, suction out, and refill.