7th Viper Invitational--is it worth the $$$$$$

OP
OP

1KoolAsp 14TA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to say also, thanx to Y2K, you have put a different light on the $700. p.p. Now it doesn't sound like such a horrible price. I also agree with Rdustman about you. To bad you don't work for them, I'm sure you sold more than just the two of us!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will they have 2000, paying, people there? 2000x$700 is lot's to play with. Remember also that DC can write off all of this and the cost of one TV advert spot or magazine ad is probably way more than this whole thing. They will probably be taking pictures and getting news releases out that will get them free mention in the media. This may be a fun party and it may be well worth it but I think $700/person is quite a bit and I think that DC could have picked up the whole tab without blinking an eye if they wanted. I wonder if the $700/person is designed to keep out the Riff Raff?
I would go to this event, even though some think I am Riff Raff, if it was just a little closer to home and if I had a little more free time in my life right now. I think it would be worth going to at least one time but I still stand by what I said above.

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been to the last 3 VOI's and all I will say is, Money well spent.There is not that many opportunities to have this much fun with your Viper.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joe117:
I wonder if the $700/person is designed to keep out the Riff Raff?
I would go to this event, even though some think I am Riff Raff, if it was just a little closer to home and if I had a little more free time in my life right now. I think it would be worth going to at least one time but I still stand by what I said above.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe, Excuses, Excuses!
laugh.gif
I live in West Texas which I am sure is further away than Maryland (that's why it's at a hotel!). Plus I have two teenagers, Twelve businesses and 60 employees!! Also on several volunteer boards. Not bragging as I know there are many going that have a whole lot more going on than me! I know there are many coming from Cali and the Northwest, some from Europe and Japan!

I'm not flaming you, just using your post to dispell all the excuses people are coming up with. If you can't or don't want to go, that's fine and no big deal (but you'll miss a lot as Chris pointed out) but don't draw on a bunch of lame excuses for why your not going. If you want to go you will! Regardless!!
smile.gif

No Flames............Well, maybe a few!!
laugh.gif

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, don't do what I did, I had only had the car 30 days before the last VOI (they only happen every two years) and I did'nt have enough info. and had just spent the money on the car...Bill Pemberton, who sold the car to me was calling.."you need to go to this man, you will be sorry" I just did not get it. Then Y2k and Liz, you guys remember?, started posting pics. LIVE FROM VOI6 on this site, the convoy there, the raffle car, the new colors we had not seen...sapphire blue with silver stripes...I'm on the phone.."I know it's half over, can I get a room, can I get a ticket, I'm a new owner." Too late! And I remember a lot of other guys on this site saying the same thing. Hey, moderators, can we resurrect some of those threads? What a great way to show these guys what they should not miss! I remember the chat back then, I was one of the negatives. Once the pics. started hitting the board there was not a one of us that was not sorry we missed it. Joe, go back to the first page of the thread and email Ron Hickey, he is MD/VA VCA pres. and our convoy organizer, we are taking a bunch of cars from MD/VA/DE... I"m looking forward to a great experience.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bigs is definitely right on the money. You either have that defective gene in your body somewhere, or you DON'T! Remember the movie "Close Encounters"??? It's like being called to that mountain top in the middle of nowhere! There must be Venom in our blood or something....... because when Dodge says "We're gonna hook up"........ we just want to know where and when. We'll crawl there if we have to. And then, once YOU'VE been to one...... you're going to be HOOKED too!

However, back to the question that started the thread. Is it worth the $$$? Well let's see, I happen to know that your $700 just about covers the excellent food and "beverage" they're going to feed you for 4 days. If ya think that's a little steep, go check out what the big hotels and convention centers charge on a per person basis for that stuff. Of course, then you need to throw in buying out the entire, famous, WILD HORSE SALOON for a free weekend night party for you and 2,000 of your closest buddies. Probably only pocket change for a company that just recently had to lay off a significant percentage of their work force, right? Ok, now let's go rent Nasville Superspeedway for a week, bring in the entire Skip Barber driving school and all their people, plus all the 100's of staff from Dodge, their advertising companies, and the Event Solutions people to stage the autocross and roadcourse events to run your Viper, race a Neon, beat the heck out of trucks on an awesome off-road course, and generally let you play "celebrity race driver" for a couple of days.

But, wait, don't forget the big bucks to send you home with a car load of expensive free gifts and goodies. You think we should add in the HUGE subsidy they give to Reliable Transport to help get your car there if you don't want to drive or trailer?

I could go on and on....... however, the BOTTOM line here is like the famous credit card commercial......No matter WHAT the cost or expense is......... the chance to hang for those days with your fellow Viper owners..... (certainly the finest group of people I'VE ever known in my life) ......... and meet lifelong new friends, IS PRICELESS!!!!!!!

As for me?....... I'll see ya THERE!
smile.gif

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Joe, I too am considered Riff Raff!!
laugh.gif

And this will be my first VOI! (bought right after St Louie)
smile.gif

King, You tell 'em, my friend (although I don't think we'll be "hooking up" by some folks definition
wink.gif
)

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a Web-site, or info on specifics of it somewhere? I'm new to all of this, and I'd love to just dive in head first !! I told my wife about it, and she just wanted to race the Viper on the track.
bounce.gif

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Details on VOI-7 are here .

If your budget necessitates some kind of savings, then I suppose you could stay at another hotel. But each person must be registered for VOI-7 ($700 each) to get in to any event, banquet or display. Having proper credentials for admission to VOI-7 events is strictly enforced.

Of course, as Chris pointed out, if you stay elsewhere, you won't have guarded parking for your Viper. You'll also get to pay for parking each time you drive over to the Opryland Hotel for a meal or event (might as well take a cab), and if you want to imbibe, you'll have to worry about how you'll get back to your hotel.

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it worth the money?? Only thing I can say is this will be my third one and I keep going back. Truly a unique experience that will not be forgotten. Many thanks to the folks that make it happen.

See ya in Nashville Bigs!!

OP
OP

1KoolAsp 14TA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In answer to JH23JOB's question about checking everything out, go to this website at: www.voi7.com that will tell you all about the invitational in Nashville. Or you can call :
866/864-2003 and speak to a real person.
Good luck with your Viper and welcome to the club!

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JH23JOB:
Is there a Web-site, or info on specifics of it somewhere? I'm new to all of this, and I'd love to just dive in head first !! I told my wife about it, and she just wanted to race the Viper on the track.
bounce.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JH you have to be a VCA member or a guest of a VCA member to attend VOI

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI7 is open to all Dodge Viper owners, not just VCA members. To qualify, you must have a VIN registered on file with Viper Headquarters.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for correcting that Ron.

Well the link to the info site definitely has me interested now.
Just wish it was any place but Nashville. Been there done that. But I am sure all the boys from TEE-X-ASSSS will be plenty happy.
biggrin.gif

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$700. most of you pull that out of your pocket on a good weekend so that should not be a problem. $150.00 for a room, Stay at one of the 30 room off the road Hotels and $150.00 for where you will be staying is cheap. I think the Texas boys have all up-graded anyway.