8500 mile road trip around the USA

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:drive:

My dad, Ella, and I have just returned from a 8500 mile road trip around the country that was unbelievable! It took us 5 weeks to complete and I have to tell you viper guys who live out west that you are the luckiest viper owners on earth. You have the greatest roads and weather going. The Pacific Coast Highway is something every viper owner has to drive at least once. And to think we here in New England think we have mountain roads to drive on. I can not say enough about the wonderful people we met along the way on our trip. We have nothing but sun and open roads until we returned home here to Connecticut last night to awaken this morning to fog and drizzle.

We only saw 2 vipers, GTS's, in all 8500 miles which really surprised us as we thought we would have seen lots of vipers on these great roads in California. There were very few performance cars to be seen except for tons of Shelby Mustangs.
:usa:
It was a great trip in a great country, one of which we can not wait to repeat next year.

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see that someone isn't afraid to put miles on their Viper. I'm halfway through a long road trip right now and it is great to finally take my Viper on the road. I've been avoiding putting miles on the 2006 Viper for resale, but I finally decided to do it. My trip is only 1,000 miles and I haven't seen a single Viper yet.

Now, post some pics!

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am leaving this morning for upper Maine with my viper to pick up a new Miata hardtop to use on a daily basics. Ella and I use the viper all the time and never worry about rain though I would not drive the RT10 or GTS cars in the rain as they will rust out the side sills.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wondered where you had been; I haven't seen your responses in a while and thought maybe you died! I'm thinking about a trip around the US on the borders. Glad to see someone else did it. Any tips?

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've made 2 road trips to connecticut and back with lots of side trips along the way and would do it again in a heartbea- oops almost said a bad word, blink of an eye.

the viper is a long range interstate cruise missile.
I am tired of listening to people whine about it being hot, cramped, loud, clutch to stiff ?!
(try driving a cobra with a king cobra clutch).maybe they should be riding a bicycle instead.

grew up in connecticut and moved to florida. florida has it all,except mountains.

I didn't see any vipers on either trip but I did see about 8 million vettes.
none of them waved.

would love to see some pics of your trip.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235