91 gets the Fast & Furious treatment

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Kingshott a UK member who a few of you met at the last VOI finally had his Autoform Daytona (number 3) arrive this week from Woodhouse. Before it left Steve had Bill P install a few bits as he wanted a track day car, the main mods were Belanger headers, Corsa catback with hi flows, K&N's and smooth tubes,
Alum fywheel, racing radiator, Brakeman kit with braided lines and a brake ducting cooling kit, pair of 5 point harnesses, and a new set of BBS rims

before
You must be registered for see images

then today VIPER BAZ and I fitted the graphic kit, to bring it up to be more like the 91 replica, first removing most of the previous attempt then applying the new vinyl graphics, it took a total of about 5 hours.

after

The other vipers in the background are all his :cool:
not shown his new hemi longbase ram

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daaaamn! I'm jealous! Those are all his cars? R/T, GT2, GTS, Oreca replica. WOW! Must be nice!

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent. That always bugged me about the Daytona "replica" Vipers... they weren't very authentic.

I could do without the "V10 GTS" on the nose, though.

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 'V10 GTS' is his number plate, a five figure sum was paid for that !!
not running a front plate on this viper would be asking for trouble

just really need to remove the plastic VIPER GTS on the hood and rear bumper, but Steve wanted them left on for now

YES the other cars are his !! He tells us when he wins the lottery he might buy an SRT/10

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice job indeed stickermen :cool: that is looking very good indeed...looking forward to seeing it in a few weeks
BTW that V10GTS is the licence plate

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 91 gets the Fast & Furious treatment

We what can I say the pictures tell it all!!!!!!

Great job Neil and Baz, sure did miss you guys sunday.

Did the rain hold off?

Really looking forward to seeing the car.

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So I guess the law is pretty lenient over there about how you display your license plate (or whether you use a "real" plate at all)?

It really does look very cool, it's what the #91 repros should have been in the first place.

Edit: Ironically, as I was posting this, this advert was flashing at the top:

autoformdaytona.gif

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

There are a few of us here that don't know about the original #91. Anyone want to enlighten the uninformed (me) as to what the original #91 is famous for?

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

91 = 2000 Daytona 24 hour winner Olivier Beretta, Dominique Dupuy & Karl Wendlinger driving.

You need a front plate over here, with correct letter style, height, distance between in letters, any deviation and you take your chance of being fined a maximum of $1500 and your plate taken off you, which is a bummer if you paid lots of cash for it. V1 PER, the ultimate reg for our cars sold at auction a couple of years ago for $32K !! If it came up for sale again I think it might go for more

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks good - but what's up with the hood? I'm surprised it left the dealership with the hood so far out of alignment.

Compare the right headlight to the left - right is tight fitting, left you could get your fingers under there. And it's not even close to being close where the hood meets the sidesills.

I'm surprised CAAP would let a car out like that - and also surprised the dealer wouldn't correct. I hope it's a warranty item over there takes a LOT of time (read $$$) to fix it.

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks good - but what's up with the hood? I'm surprised it left the dealership with the hood so far out of alignment.

Compare the right headlight to the left - right is tight fitting, left you could get your fingers under there.

You can easily adjust that with the two screw-posts at either corner in the front of the hood. Mine seem to be perpetually mis-adjusted. I've gotten it right a bunch of times, but it just seems to naturally gravitate back to a wrong state and stay there, no matter how much LocTite I apply. Oh well.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Compare the right headlight to the left - right is tight fitting, left you could get your fingers under there.

You can easily adjust that with the two screw-posts at either corner in the front of the hood. Mine seem to be perpetually mis-adjusted. I've gotten it right a bunch of times, but it just seems to naturally gravitate back to a wrong state and stay there, no matter how much LocTite I apply. Oh well.

If you're lucky that's all it will take... but... usually a good hood alignment requires removing the headlights. This guy's hood needs more than just the stopper adjusted, IMO - it looks like the whole thing needs to pivot around the axis between the front wheels a little bit. That requires removing the headlights and front bumper cover. My hood was off in exactly the same way, and I figured they could just play with the screws but it ended up taking 10 hours and a hefty bill (to DC) to get it really looking 100%

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the hood is fine, it just hadn't been pushed right and hadn't pulled in the catch

TazUK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys - Tell Kingshott im VERY VERY jealous and I demand a ride in it NOW!!!
Great job on the graphics Neil !
see you all soon
Taz

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score

McQuire, where are you from? I thought you were from the States, but I noticed you used the British term "advert".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine