92 rt/10 how do I remove the radiator

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a leak on my radiator, so I'm going to let it be rebuilt. Are there special things to know about taking it out and back in?

I have the hood off all ready and it seems a pretty easy pull out to me, drain, disconnect hoses/air intake and stuff, take it out, rebuilt and back in.

Am I missing something? Special tips?

Greetings Roy

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id do a search and read the tips on flushing/refilling. When I did mine we just left the front passenger side jacked up a lil so the fill was the highest point in the system to allow the air out.

Lots of good info in older threads. Start there.

:usa:

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know all the details about flushing and refilling, went through that some time ago.

i only wanted to look for some handy tip, if there any. Did a big search and all I found wasn't exactly what I needed, tips on fan or removal on newer Gen's with the statement that it is way different on the early ones.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha. No experience with the early generations here but it should be simply straight forward.

If you run into an issue you can always call one of the sponsors. They are handy with advice.

:usa:

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it’s the same as my 1994, than it really easy.
After you take the intake box out(cannot deliberate on this one as mine came with cold air intake :)),
Undo the lower and top hoses to drain the fluid
Unplug the fan connector
There should be 6 nuts that hold the fan assembly 3 on top 3 at the bottom (may differ on 1992 car). Unscrew them.
Then, there are I think only two bolts on top part of the radiator facing toward the front of the car ( if my memory correct) that hold it place. Undo those and your rad should be ready to slide out. It might be tricky to get it past the left hood spring. I heard that some cars needed to have the spring to be removed (wouldn't know how to, as mine wiggled out. Really tight squeeze). Hood out :omg:, just noticed… I had mine on.

I also added a 3rd row to the core when I was rebuilding mine, helped a bit with cooling.

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's out, wasn't that difficult, just unbolt some stuff and pull it out. It's being rebuild now!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte