93 Viper OEM Radio

mcb48

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for help to resolve my the issue with my radio not playing any sound. About 2 years ago the head unit turned on, would search for stations, but never play any sound. At that point in time I do not recall if the AMP was getting auxiliary power to turn on. I think I would have checked this but honestly do not remember.

About a year later, I ended up pulling the radio and AMP and sent them off to shortcircuitrepair in San Jose to be repaired. I was told the radio boards were shot and the options were to find a replacement head or the expensive option, $450, was to basically rebuild the head from the ground up. I ended up picking the expensive option to keep the original look and they also added in a cable for a headphone jack so I said sold!

In August I reinstalled the radio & amp and still no sound. I noticed the AMP is not getting any auxiliary power? Does anyone have a wiring diagram that would help me troubleshoot this problem?

Regards

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would get one of the Service manuals on-line. You will find the wiring diagram there.