94 starts but only runs for a few seconds

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was just going to take a blast in my 94 and went to start it and it started and ran for acouple of seconds than dies out i did this like 5 times same thing any suggestions or what can i do i always freak out when ever i have too open my hood after reading how they crack thanks

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to reinitialize your key fob. Hold both buttons in until the security system responds and then try again. I think that's how it is reset.

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seasnake i cant believe my car started right up thanks man this forum rocks im going for that ride why did this happen something i did?? THANK YOU

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry i forgot to mention i didnt have to open my hood life is great tim bob

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your welcome. BTW, black was the worst color for the cracking. Been there. It's heat cycles that really does it, not opening the hood. Drove my first viper home 14 hours. It didn't have a crack when I left but sure had plenty after I got home. Don't worry, it can be repainted better than new. A good hood adjustment help too!

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful on a 94 that it doesn't get caught in that nasty security loop... then there is no starting it. It needs to be de-programmed and re-programmed. Get a battery tender. :1up:
Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4