95 RT/10 Brake Lights Problem/Question...

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't come up with anything related to this in my search so if you know of forums that have already discussed this, please link them to me.

PROBLEM: The Brake Lights on my 95 RT/10 have decided not to work properly. The fuse isn't blown. When I press the brake pedal down, the lights don't come on. However, if I put my foot underneath the brake and pull it towards me, the brake light comes on???
I reached down and played a little with the small box/switch that sits in front of the brake pedal. By squeezing it a bit, I can force the brake lights to kick on.

Does anyone have any advice for the do-it-yourself person? Any help would be much appreciated! Perhaps the switch that leans against the front of the pedal has an adjustment to it that isn't obvious?
Thanks in advance!,
-Don

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may be able to adjust the switch, but it's a **** to get to!! :eek:
Brake Light Switch #4671334 MSRP $17.50
The switch is cheep enough and if your going to go through the trouble to get to it, put a new one in!

OP
OP
D

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may be able to adjust the switch, but it's a **** to get to!! :eek:
The switch is cheep enough and if your going to go through the trouble to get to it, put a new one in!

Thanks Chuck! I figured I would pull out the seat to make it a little bit easier to get to. I really appreciate your help!
-Don

OP
OP
D

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may be able to adjust the switch, but it's a **** to get to!!

Thanks Chuck!,
That was the number and the exact price. It was a pain in the ass to get to just like you stated. I ended up pulling out the seat to get to it. I took a look at the old one after I had switched it out. The second pin had a burn on it that appears to be some sort of a short. Anyways, it works great now.
Thanks for the great advice Chuck! ;) ,
-Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc