97 GTS yellow wheels? is this right?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
These are eye-catchers in my opinion. I have seen a couple of 97 red GTS cars with yellow wheels that were add on's...there are subtle differences in the badging on original "1 of 14" cars...i.e., the yellow Viper decal on the sides of the hood is smaller than that used on 96 RT/10...and the "GTS" is found below the "Viper" signage, NOT on the same line on sides of hood. I am SURE about this on a couple of the "1 of 14" cars, but certainly can't speak for all. NEAT CARS!!!

Reaction score
I converted my GTS to the ketchup/mustard combo. It is real easy to immitate. So yes I am an imposter. It really makes the Viper stand out even more. As for value, it probably has no effect. The yellow cast wheels are "worth" less than the stronger forged ones.

Reaction score
The GTS' that were equipped with the "Gold Package" came with the gold sparkle wheels, gold emblems and Black leather. There were only 7 of these offered. See the above link.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow and Gold were "options" The production was low because not many ordered the specific options. Too bad, specially the gold wheels which are my favorites. Anyone with a (factory
You must be registered for see images
) gold package or yellow package car could you please send tme the VIN, I'd like to list them on th VIN page for future reference.

If you have "converted" one, that would be good info too (prevent arguements in 20 years
You must be registered for see images

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jay......Red/Gold 97 RT/10, 1 of only 3 was totalled.
Vin # 301819 slithers no more.

(I've got the parts!)

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I have one of the original 14 produced with yellow wheels and I love it!! It looks like something a SUPERHERO would get out of!!LOL.

Tom

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
3 of these were made as per VIN section of homepage. I have NOT seen any, but they sound interesting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96