9SEC MARK, ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks they have the fastest car needs to get out to San Antonio River City Raceway July 1st. It time to end it all now. I hear everyone say they have the fastest cars etc... They go to the track and come up with a bunch of excuses. If anyone thinks they've got it, we'll be ready. Also we have been planning a big event towards the end of the year and would like to invite all the slow cars from all states. Texas has the fastest vipers. Come prove me wrong.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Actually HRP is the fastest track in the country. Stay tuned for the big drag event later this year. We are planning a great trip for all who aren't scared to get drug. You better be in the 9's if you want to win.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
The question is... Is what could you do on slicks and gas? If everyone could get into the 9's then they would. High 10's on motor is easy. Mid to high 9's is a different story.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe:
Like I said before, we are having some badass events comming up and are planning one big bash towards the end of the year. We would have come up to your home state but we knew the competition would be the same as usual. ALL SLOW CARS!!! I am TIRED of driving thousands of miles to race my hometown competition because no one else shows. I have been to Norwalk with the Nase's and we had a blast. Been to Florida and the same thing happened there. We are not experienced on street tires so I can not comment on what our times would be on that.. But to say the least... If you can get low 11's on street tires then you SHOULD be able to go faster on slicks...And yes I did say SHOULD!!!! Bolt them on and lets line them up. We are not interested in going slower, only FASTER. I assume you are the same so what is the hold up. Maybe one day we can all get together at one track when everyones schedule permits and just see who has the fastest of the fastest.. All motor, NOS, supercharger, turbo car, etc... Bring whatever Viper you have and we can settle this once and for all. I know this will never happen but until then I will not cut any slack and do not ask for any to be cut for me.

Thanks,
Mark H.
9sec.RT

ps: Ask Nase just how slow this "old GEN I RT/10 is?" He has witnessed the 10's on motor at 128mph and the 9's at 144mph on PUMP GAS!!!!!!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with badGTS.Going 9's is a blast,raced S/ST,S/G.Its a bigger challenge to get the viper going fast,consistantly on radials.Anyone can unload cash into any car,hook and run outlaw times.Its proven.How many viper driver's in the 11's or 10's on radials!Most of your time is spent on the street with the car, and the stock tires is a huge part of the viper.BTW,try et's with the correct tire pressure.Thats what this car's about.Not spending $130,000 with the "TUNERS" and having some $20,000 Honda kick your %#@* !Once again the car is "Road and Track" thats why they talk about it!Set it up for just the track and your no longer impressing anyone!

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
My car sits the same all year long, what I drive on the freeway is the same as I drive on the track. My car never changes. Maybe the nitrous set up, but thats it. Same tires, plugs etc... Hope to see you guys at the track.

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Racing on a radial at proper tire pressure.....HMMMMMMM....you know, if you swap sides with a directional tire and drop the pressure...it will hook a lot better. Works with F1s on my truck anyway...I am looking forward to the big shindig in July and hope that the old turbo bomb can make a better showing than the last outing.

This is more for the local guys....if everyone would put on the big boy pants and invest in some safety equipment, we wouldn't have to go to the crosswind/headwind capitol of Texas....namely RCR. THAT TRACK *****....Nastysota has better track than Seguin. I have stressed this to John on many occasions, RCR is at a minimum .3 slower than HRP. My truck in virtually the same conditions (baro slightly worse at HRP) went three tenths faster at HRP the weekend following the last RCR.

The only thing holding the fast cars back is safety equipment...bottom line. I know that Albert has been given the boot for lack of a bar in his car....if everyone wants to run the big boy times, you have to have the big boy gear. Seguin is a waste of time as far as I am concerned...and lest you think that my opinion is not based on experience....I have raced on the best and the worst that the major drag race sanctioning bodies have to offer. Just food for thought.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait, isn't this smack talk? Shouldn't it be deleted?
smile.gif

I saw Don's car run at E-town. It's very impressive for a NON-STROKER car. What are you guys who run in the 9's running? Just heads and a cam? Or a lot more?

I'm not sure there are any faster 488cid Vipers out there than Don's... if he can hang with the "big boys" with their 514's and 540's, then all the better.

As for John H's car - why so interested in 1-mile runs... you trying to outrun somebody?
smile.gif
How did things go with the Supras and SW? Did that ever happen? Didn't you run Bryce?

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
We say 9's, but from what I hear we make up our numbers etc.. For all those who think Texas is slow please come out and make us look silly. Sould be a lot of fun. Hope we can get a good turn out July 1st. Keep your ears open for the big event planned towards October. We're planning on making it a great event with lots of incentives for those who come out.

Reaction score
Albert I don't think anyone would match up to your Snake plus your A+ driving on the track. Your right Texas has the FASTEST Vipers anywhere period

See you in Houston on the 22nd thru 24th!!

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Mark 9 sec RT is a top end job only. I haven't hit the 9's yet, my last time at the track I ran a 10.15. I need just a little more trac time, I cant race at our local track. Last time I went they said never come back. ( no cage ) So its off to San Antonio to run. My car is also just a top end job. Hope to lay some serious smack down next time at the track. I have to keep up with all the big boys here in Houston. Home of the fastest street cars.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never thought I would be embarrassed to run a 10 sec. 1/4 mile but the guys from Houston (not all of Texas)put me in 7th place the last time in San Antonio. July 1 I'll have Purner wheels and Balanger headers. Now I can be the 6th fastest Viper if I get into the low 10's. Maybe my problem is that I only have a 488 CID motor. No, that's the same size motor as all but one of the 6 cars faster than me. It must be the lack of a head and cam package. Albert, anyone offer to take those old TNT(?) heads off your hands?

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
My car is stock suspension, no drag shocks. Im spraying 140 to the ground. Never even thought about taking out the sway bar. Hope to see some drag racers, not excuse makers.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
1.50 sixty foots ??? Is that it !!! Nick Fields pulled a 1.37 and I have hit a 1.45 and so has Mark H. I have never broke a half shaft, burnt up a clutch, broke a rear end, transmission etc. It is all driver. I will talk with Prashant and maybe we can get a Houston Viper Club driving school day scheduled.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
The whole purpose to drag racing is to see what the fastest et and mph is. I would never think about running the track on street tires. I want to go fast. Might loose a little MPH on slicks. But I am there to win. I dont remember what my exact times were at the track when my viper was stock on pilots. I do know one thing, I have heard so many viper guys here in Houston and across the country say if I had some slicks I would be in the low 10's. It sure has been a different story at the track. Guys thinking that they will knock a whole second off their time. Doesn't happen. We're inviting everyone to throw some slicks on and show us your mid to high ten second passes. If you need nitrous we can even sell it to you.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
I have only been in the viper community for almost 3 years, and I have never heard of a engine blowing on nitrous. Even a 300 shot to the ground that TNT tried out. Please get your facts together before posting. First we hear the excuses about being slow,and its the tires, then its the driver, now it's watch out nitrous makes cars explode. All this and you probably wont show up for our ego dragging event. Even though it will be paid for.

thanks, and have a nice day

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne Skiles? Has your engine exploded yet?????
How about you, Tom Welch????
Wayne has more NOS runs on one car than anyone I've heard of.
STILL SCREAMING ALONG!

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

Over 200 nitrous passes and still going strong......Oh and thats on stock spark plugs! the ones that came from the factory. Here are a few more untouched items in my drivetrain;

the entire engine, with the exception of the exhaust manifolds

The entire drivetrain

The entire interior and exterior panels

This car may never run 9's in the above configuration, but I take a few things into consideration,

1. my wallet is FAT with leftover cash and I still can run 10.30's anywhere.(fat enough to own a 9 second hemi car and truck and trailer to pull it to the track with! or 3 brand new viper crate engines on stands in the garage to impress my friends)

2. my car retains its value as stock.

3. no driveability problems.

4. I can't speak for Albert but Marks DRIVER could only muster a 10.50 when they came to florida and a motor damaging 10.29 at VOI. Is it worth the extra 2 tenths? I think not.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! You must have that magic air that 1bad gts said that is only in Texas. I mean the beaches of Florida are known to be magical, but......
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom:
If your going to tell the story tell the complete one not just the part that you try to make yourself look better with. In both places the track was less than desirable. It rained at both places and you know that, rather or not you would like to admit it or not. There was no traction to be had and the car spun in most every gear. If you would only be 2 tenths behind me in a race you should count yourself lucky. I am not going to get into this with you again.. YOu know how I fell AND...

If you want to run them, JUST BRING IT!!!!!!

Mark H.
9sec.RT
(tired or playing these silly games with you kids)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21