a $75k car and it doesn't come with floor mats???

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a $75k car and it doesn\'t come with floor mats???

i just realized that my gts does not have floor mats. is this normal or mine are missing? where can i buy them from?

i would hate to wear off the floor rug under the pedals..

alex
02 gts
few other cars

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by AJ on 04-18-2002 at 04:07 PM</font>

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: a $75k car and it doesn\'t come with floor mats???

Nah, the factory mats aren't anything great anyway (as Mark said, they **** according to most people). I am also told they slide around and bunch up easily under the pedals - a baaaad thing. Get some AWESOME custom Viper mats from The Northern California Viper Club. Not only are they superb quality and inexpensive, but it helps to support one of your local VCA chapters! Most of our members in Kansas City have them, including the trunk mat. In my case, most of the people that come up to the car notice the mats right after they see the MGW gas cap cover. Very nice!

Chris

PS. The NoCal mats also stay in place VERY well, even when you forget to remove them for an autocross!

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was there a stock trunk mat? Or only an aftermarket idea? Now that I have the gas strut on my trunk lid (96 RT) my trunk is a delight to use...And I want to get the trunk tool kit from Snake Oyl, and a mat would be sweeettt...

Tomer

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Order the mats from Northern California Viper Club like Y2KGTS suggests. I just got mine and they are awesome.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do floor mats make you go faster? No, in fact they bunch up under the gas peddle and...oops, no more secrets.

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

On both of my cars I simply said to the dealer, "What? No floor mats." They were too embarrassed to charge me for them and threw them in with the deal.

You might try this.

Also, the mats are OK now that I have the driver's side clamped in place under the rear hatch release.
cool.gif

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The factory mats ****! They look good, the quality is good, but they do not have any eyelets! They are slicker than snot on a door knob! I get so ********** every time I drive my car. Porsche had floor mats down to a science back in the 60's. They don't move. There should always be two floor lugs near the seat that hold the mats in place. I drive fast....No real fast. The mats are almost dangerous they are so bad.

That's it...I am ordering some floor mats. You guys got me worked up over just thinking about this.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had the Cal Region mats in my '94 RT. They looked great, but after an hour's driving, the driver's side mat had mashed down where my heels contacted them and would not come back up. They looked terrible after that, and I was really disappointed with that. I did buy the cargo area mat from them for my GTS and it is fine. (But, it's not under my heels either.) I had a factory set of mats in my 96, and they wore like iron. Yeah, they moved around a bit, but they stayed nicer, longer. I was using the same mats in my current 2000 GTS until last night, when I put a new set of Mopar mats in. They look great, and are cut to fit the newer GTS with the hatch release. Finally, they have an anchor that screws in to help retain them. Mopar mats get the nod from me.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The reason for the Viper not having floor mat is that the money budgeted for them was spend on the incredible numbers of body/panels shims that the car required.

If you remove any body panel on a Viper,make sure to count how many shims go where,and don't ask yourself why Dodge could NOT come up with a better design/solution in building a $75K car.

Luc.00GTS

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AJ:
i just realized that my gts does not have floor mats. is this normal or mine are missing? where can i buy them from?

i would hate to wear off the floor rug under the pedals..

alex
02 gts
few other cars

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oddly enough, I was just at my Dodge Dealership & I asked the Viper Tech how the Viper could possibly come with no mats! I couldn't understand it. Wierd that you posted that!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by luc:

The reason for the Viper not having floor mat is that the money budgeted for them was spend on the incredible numbers of body/panels shims that the car required.

If you remove any body panel on a Viper,make sure to count how many shims go where,and don't ask yourself why Dodge could NOT come up with a better design/solution in building a $75K car.

Luc.00GTS

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd rather have shims in my car than **** for brains!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by luc:

Luc.00GTS

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

confused.gif
confused.gif

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mark O & Jerry,
The Mopar Mats now have a hold down built into the drivers side!
$57 - you can't bet it!
tongue.gif

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If anyone wants a pair of factory mats cheap, I have them.

Did the bunching up thing under my feet and have since
replaced them with the tapestry mats. The tapestry mats
are thicker and don't bunch up, but their color is not
a 100% match to to the factory carpet color and the
logo is not a 100% color match to the car color.

Pro's and cons to each, but the factory mats were
a pain in the ....

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hate that. I would rather the dealer charge me an other $500 and make me think I'm getting something thrown in. At least it's better than the annoying feeling that the dealer is going to nickle and dime me on matts.

But thanks guys.....Because of this thread, I just called and ordered new matts and side view mirror covers that I've wanted and spent 300 more than I thought I was going to spend today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine