A/C HELP 96 Viper will not blow cold air

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well guys I just brought me new viper into the dealer to get the a/c recharged, my freon level was at Zero could see nothing on that valve in the engine compartment. So the tech filled it w/ freon and the dye to see if it leaks and then the thing would not work The comp[ressor would kick on. So the tech told m they would have to take the front end apart to get at the wiring if a wire was crimped or cut causing the compressor not to be working. They check the presure it is fine just NO COLD AIR and Chicago humidity is killer alone w/o the exhaust adding to that. I mean it has not blown cold air since I got it 2 months ago but I thought it was due to low or no freon, no they want to do like 6-8 hours worth of work att like $110 just to get the front end on and off and fix a possible loose wire???? Should I take it to another dealer in the south suburbs or anywhere for that matter they charged my $159.00 for A/c service and freon and dye and I think it is blowing hotter air now than when I brought it in. Any ideas, anyone have similar problems w/ their a/c? Any Help would be great. Thank in advance

Domenic Maciariello

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the hard vacuum lines just under the cowl in the engine compartment. Sometimes they'll slip loose and one of those is what open the flaps to direct the cold A/C to the vents. I had it happen on my '96 RT once before.

OP
OP
I

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good vipertech in the south suburbs of Chicago near Tinley Park or Orland? I need to find someone who knows what they are doing.