A couple more BC Viper pics

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have "special" road engineers in BC. Instead of making the roads for shortness and direct routes ... they built them for Vipers. When they came to a valley between mountains they kept the road along the mountain bases so that they wouldn't be straight. When they came to a long straight stretch of flat land (not much of that in BC) instead of using a Laser to get the road as straight as possible, they spent their time figuring out how many curves they could put in the road. The engineer's even curved the roads to get great views while they were working. The highways also follow lake shores so that the driver's get to see the Ducks and other wildlife.

Ted

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Note to self; Road trip to BC spring of 2008 take back roads :drive: Cool pic's RTTTTed

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car looks great. I just love how Sapphire Blue looks on an overcast or partly cloudy day. I think that is the best time for the color.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful car and scenery. Not to hijack, but are there trout or salmon in that river?

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks again guys.

Nimpo/Anahim Lakes are world famous fishing/resort areas. The Dean and Blackwater Rivers have some fishing restrictions on them, but it's possible to catch a 10+ pound rainbow trout on a fly. Nimpo is one of the best fishing lakes that can be reached by a paved road. 45mi. away, down the famous Bella Coola Hill is where the salmon go up the river. It's also the begginging of the Pacific Ocean. Actually 150mi. inland of the Ocean proper. Bella Coola is a 1 mi. X 50mi. valley. 7500' mountains on each side of the skinny valley. Sunlight never touches the floor of the valley during the winter. This is also the area the Cariboo in Yellowstone Park were imported from. The Rainbow Moutains have the largest herd of Mountain Cariboo in the World. The North end of the Southern Coastal Mountain range is home of Trumpeter Swans, etc. etc. 4th highest waterfall in the World (there's 2 that are 50' higher), etc.

On the car color, I agree. Bright sunlight makes the car look great, but the camera doesn't catch the effects as well as dusk.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Even our Pine 2x4's were some of the hardest/strongest lumber produced in the world, because of the 3600' altitude. But ... we're still "undiscovered country."

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
me too. But, the bra is to protect from rock chips and make "bug cleaning" easier between car shows. I'm surprised that the bra looks as good as it does.

Ted

djacob372

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been fishing at nimpo, didn't catch a thing. Beatufiul lake though. It's the LAST place I'd expect to see a viper.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Skunked??? Wow, that doesn't happen often. Usually it's 3 within an hour. I hear some people catch small trout too - seen it happen a couple times, but not to me.

Fishing's getting even better the last couple years since there's less fishermen. Come in the spring when the Natives snag them out of the lake at the bridge near my house. Weirdest thing I ever saw is every year when the fish line up in parallel rows in front of the bridge. A couple weeks after the ice thaws in the spring the fish are so thick at the bridge the Natives come for a couple hours with 5 gl pails, snag the trout with treble hooks, fill up their buckets and go home to can them.

They used to string nets across the river, but it seems that the last few years they catch engine blocks, truck frames, etc. and tear up their nets so you won't see that much anymore.

I caught so many fish in Nimpo I don't fish much any more. I mostly do a little ice fishing nowadays. Always catch a fish, but it's relaxing. I don't eat them, I give them away. Guess that's because I own a food store (Anahim Lake Trading)?

There's not many Vipers in Canada, 650 according to VCA info. There's another Viper in Williams Lake. 2005 R/T10

Ted

Ted

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960