A/F Ratio or Fuel Pressure Gauge?

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done some searching and still haven't received a clear answer on which is better to monitor with a base paxton kit on a Gen II. Should I be installing an air/fuel ratio gauge or a fuel pressure gauge to ensure things are safe?
It has been tuned on a dyno but for the added safety, I would think one of these two should be installed?

Thanks for the opinions:2tu:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done some searching and still haven't received a clear answer on which is better to monitor with a base paxton kit on a Gen II. Should I be installing an air/fuel ratio gauge or a fuel pressure gauge to ensure things are safe?
It has been tuned on a dyno but for the added safety, I would think one of these two should be installed?

Thanks for the opinions:2tu:

IMO.. You need AF and a BOOST gauge for sure.

I am building a TT and there are several functions I need/want to monitor also. However, I don't want a bunch of gauges all over and don't want to cut up the interior. After doing some research, I found the newest technology are multi gauges. This one from PLX monitors several functions at once. You can change the design/layout of the screen etc. In one "window", of the gauge, you can monitor four functions at once. If you aren't watching a certain function and there is a problem on something else, an alarm goes off and the screen automatically switches to the "problem" function. Autometer makes one also. The multi gauge that I am using is made by AEM. It monitors everything and plugs right into my AEM EMS.

I am going to replace one of the original gauges in the dash with the AEM multi gauge. You can do this with the PLX also. The new gauge will not only monitor the function of the gauge it replaced, but a list of other functions. ( like fuel pressure...) They are the same size etc. I am going to replace another OEM gauge with an analogue boost gauge. The AEM/PLX can monitor this ,but I want to see that boost needle at all times. The AEM will "rest" on AF.

Best of all. no cutting up the dash. No gauges hanging from the mirror or visor, screwed into the top of the dash etc.

Here is the link to the PLX. PLX Devices Inc. - Multi Gauges, Single Gauges, Sensor Modules, Wideband Air Fuel Ratio, Data Logging, Fuel Saving / Scan Tools

I was doing some research with "85 OF 200" on this type of gauge. He recently installed the PLX and I believe he put up a thread on it. I will forward this on to him and hopefully he has had a chance to try it out and give us some feedback. I think he put his in a steering column pod.

IMHO...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery