A few pics of my car. Before/After

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I FINALLY got around to post some pictures. Here is my Viper BEFORE my cosmetic changes.....BEFORE
You must be registered for see images

AFTER......

So what do you all think?

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripes make all viper's look cooler. Looks like you came too close with the stripes on the nose with the sneaky pete emblem?

Vinyl I presume?

What did it cost?

Looks good though.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are actally right next to the sneaky pete emblem. In person it looks great.
If you were all wondering what i added ....
3 piece hardtop
chrome rear an side emblems
clear front side markers
Rear spoiler
MGW chrome liscense plate frame
vinyle metallic silver stripes 9" wide with an 1/8" pin stripe on each side
5% tint all around w/6" brow
plus i had the front fascia repainted

I'm very happy with everything i added, all i'm waiting on now is getting the exhaust trim plate, and eventually CCW 505 wheels.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! :2tu:

What do you think of the three piece top? How much of a pain was it to re-configure the sport bar to accept it?

Again, car looks great, nice job on the stripes.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! :2tu:

What do you think of the three piece top? How much of a pain was it to re-configure the sport bar to accept it?

Again, car looks great, nice job on the stripes.
I LOVE the 3 piece top, it looks 100 times better. My only problem is their is a little loss of head room and when i run it at the track i kinda slump in my seat a little so my helmet dosent rub the top. Not a big deal since the track kicked me out because i dont have a cage anyway lol.
Its not a big pain to get the sportsbar off, because they have the quick snaps and you just pull the sports bar off and on now, very easy because you remove the screws behind and install different pins(the kit is included with the top).
Now i like to drive with the top on also, when before i hated it. But i do have to adjust the top every so often just to keep it tight. Sometimes it squeaks and rattles if everything isnt real tight, squeaking drives me crazy!! But an easy fit with an allen wrench.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! I love the new top, looks like it actually goes on the car :2tu: Little touches can make all the difference in the world in making the car unique. Always loved the saphire blue as well!

Also very impressed that you can budget and prioritize your Marine Corps Pay and afford the good things. Heaven knows when I was in (89 to 93), I could barely afford to go out the next weekend
I could of only imagined having a bad a$$ viper when I was younger and on active duty stationed in Southern CA. :curse:

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow looks great! I am kinda partial to that color. I like the top how much headroom do you loose where did you get the top and if I could ask how much are they?

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow looks great! I am kinda partial to that color. I like the top how much headroom do you loose where did you get the top and if I could ask how much are they?
I bought the top from Jeff lemeke here is his e-mail if your intrested [email protected]
It set me back, 2650 plus an additional 250 for the scoop to be functional, and i bought the bags for it so i'd say about 3,000 total. I know its alot but definately WELL worth the money. PLUS i sold my soft top and i still have my hardtop for sale if anyone is intrested. Jeff is awesome to do business with and its a great product!

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not the same car. Seriously, what did you do with the old one? No really? Where is it?

That's a total night and day difference. The top looks fawsome! :2tu:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like that top, it makes all the difference doesn't it.

I bought Jeff's one piece top version with no scoop and I really like the way it looks.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely beautifulicious. Nicely done. I love the scoop on the roof, and the fact that it's functional just makes it cool as hell (no pun intended) ;)

red98RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey JUCD, what did the whole setup cost including any painting/installation? I need do strongly consider doing some more upgrades!!

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not the same car. Seriously, what did you do with the old one? No really? Where is it?

That's a total night and day difference. The top looks fawsome! :2tu:
Batboy,
Yup its the same car, i saw potential and knew exactly the way i wanted it to look as soon as i bought her. BUT i have a few more things to do before i'm complete. Thanks for the compliment FAWESOME is my new favorite word LOL!

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey JUCD, what did the whole setup cost including any painting/installation? I need do strongly consider doing some more upgrades!!
What did it cost. WHEW.. it set me back quite a bit but it was well worth it. I can't say for sure what it cost me exactly because i bought things at different times but i'd guess.... a good 6,000 EASY.
I did have to repaint and repair a few spots on my front fascia plus have the spoiler prepped and painted also. Plus the wider vinyle stripes and added 1/8" pin stripe on each side also cost more than just the regular vinyle stripe kit would.
If your thinkin about doing some similar things, PM me and i can tell you exactly where i got everything, and how much it all was for each thing.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like that top, it makes all the difference doesn't it.

I bought Jeff's one piece top version with no scoop and I really like the way it looks.
Joe,
yah the top completes the RT/10 in my opinion. I absolutely LOVE it! The one piece tops Jeff makes are awesome to.

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I am the only one who does not like the top. I prefer the "double-bubble" top. I do like the air scoop on it though. Also, I don't like the pin-stripes. Finally I don't like the grill in the NACA duct.

I DO like the stripes and that is my favorite wing for the RT/10!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4