A little gem from a longer article that needs it's own thread....Rare Gen 2 values...

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a newly published article from Sports Car Market...

Like significantly more expensive exotics, the Viper’s low build volume has caused six of the 16 model years to appreciate already, though few have come to auction. Low-mile "in the wrapper" 1992s can bring $80,000 or more. First-year GTS coupes with low miles can fetch $65,000. Blue and white RT/10s from ’97 bring over their original MSRP, and the 100 GT2s of 1998, with an original MSRP of $85,000, bring from $100,000 to $150,000, depending on mileage. Low-mileage 1999–2002 American Club Racer editions are good for more than MSRP, with the Holy Grail being the 2002 "Final

OH YEA! :2tu:

Signed,

01 sapphire/silver ACR with 5K miles in showroom condition.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: A little gem from a longer article that needs it's own thread....Rare Gen 2 value

Maybe ....if by "low mileage" they mean like...3 miles.

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: A little gem from a longer article that needs it's own thread....Rare Gen 2 value

I hear ya and agree but Sports Car Market is well respected and widely read by a lot of collectors.

Sports Car Market | The Insider's Guide to Collecting, Investing, Values and Trends

What it means from where I sit is the listed examples are now worth a lot more now then before this article was published. Many collectors (who may not have before) will start looking at these examples and that means more demand.

Whether an example has 3 miles or 5000 miles, an increase of $1,000.00 or $30,000. It's all good from where I sit.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who gives a sheep.

Signed,
Dave, Chad, Chuck, and everyone else that drives their Viper and keeps their money in the bank.

FE+ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

From a newly published article from Sports Car Market...

with the Holy Grail being the 2002 "Final

The holy grail is sitting in my garage and due to circumstances beyond my control is being firesaled on eBay as we speak:

:(

Last edited by a moderator:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those "collectors" are far and few between now.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, good news. Maybe I'd better stop driving mine so it's worth more.

Nahhhhhhhhhhhh.

It's too much fun.

And in a few years we may pay for gasoline by European standards which should force us to drive them less.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Agree. I think these figures are based on cars that have never seen the light of day. I've seen way too many "low mile" 3-8k mile ACRs and B/Ws sell for well below these stated estimates. Give it 30 years.

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Mine went up already..... got to build a new house, three car garage (13 ft 3.25 high ceiling), and 300 ft. of driveway. And because of it I am driving 90 miles each way to work. I love this car :D

94EmeraldGreen

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Interesting. They are bound for collector car status someday... even if it's 20 years off.
I noticed prices slowly dropping from 2001 (when I bought my 94) to 2007.... but seems lately that prices for good low-mileage cars have stopped dropping and some are rising.
Looks like mine was worth just a little less than I paid for it in 01. not bad.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who gives a sheep.

Signed,
Dave, Chad, Chuck, and everyone else that drives their Viper and keeps their money in the bank.

Also the other Big Brake Dave 64,400 miles and counting:omg: it's like brand new :lmao::lmao::usa: Drove 257 miles yesterday:2tu:

Big Brake Dave :drive:

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who gives a sheep.

Signed,

I agree, what's the point of having a car if you don't drive it. Drove mine nearly 400 miles this weekend.

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The holy grail is sitting in my garage and due to circumstances beyond my control is being firesaled on eBay as we speak:

:(

SOLD, too low $57,600.

Last edited by a moderator:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have nearly 100k miles on Vipers! Drove 850 miles the weekend before last for the Tail of the Dragon event!

FE+ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

SOLD, too low $57,600.

SOLD as in eBay sold......NOT. eBay is such a rip-off. They provide NO verification of registrants so jerks with 0 feedback and no intention of following through can play games with your auction. eBay doesn't care, they get paid either way!.......so NO, it's not sold. <----edit--- Second place bidder is going to buy it, so, YES it sold, and for too little. I'll regret this day for the rest of my life....

Last edited:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The $45K originally spent on a 93 wrapper car would be worth $148,811 if invested at only 8%.

In another 15 years, that $45K would be worth $492,100.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I would love to see someone put up a "low mileage" ACR for more than original MSRP. :rolleyes: I am pretty sure you can pick up 99's and 00's for low 40's. Assuming inflation is 3% a year that 85k GT2 should be worth 114k today. If you want to make money on a Viper I hope you have <100 miles, storage space and 30 years to wait around. :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang