A little wild, but what do you think?

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My $0.02. Keep the top stripes but dump the side stripes right away. The top stripes are perfect. The side ones are an eyesore. They don't blend because those side sills are cool enough on their own.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you said the stripes are under the clear coat. Did you reclear it after the stripes? Did you remove the old clear coat? I was wondering if I can just spray on another clear coat on top of mine. Can I ask how much did it end up costing?

OP
OP
M

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the factory clear was sanded on the whole car, and then the stripes were painted. Then the car was re-cleared and wet sanded. Cost me $2500.

You can paint your stripes right ontop of your current paintjob though. I believe the stripes get masked off, then the clear gets skuffed, then your stripes get painted. I believe that's how the factory stripes get put on.

The difference is that you can feel a slight edge on the factory stripes. On mine, they are smooth. Up to you wether you think not having some thickness on the stripes is work the extra money. :)

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what it's worth...

Diggin the stripes by the factory bars. It looks ok. Rims are cool, headlight tinting looks good too. The stripes on the doors look too much like Ford GT lines for me, but they're neutral - take 'em or leave 'em. The only thing I think is really goofy is the band on the rims.

But it's looking good and you love it, so get out there and rack up some kills.