A major scammer behind bars

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of you may remember my experience with Alex Astor, who took COD delivery of a stock set of wheels and then sent me a fake business check, then tried to disappear. Well, on the advice of the message board, I filed a police report - they were very familiar with him, if fact, they had . The police were trying to help me get my money, but then said that Alex was suddenly in lots of trouble (Federal trouble), and that they'd probably have to handle it in the courts.

Well, to make a long story short (I know, too late), he had scammed a car dealership out of a Prowler, and was arrested in Mass at the airport by US Customs Agents while trying to pick up a new Ferrari he had delivered from Spain. I won't get my money, but at he'll have to watch out for his chucklehole for about 5 years in the federal pen.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntmatter:
chucklehole

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

?????

I need to change my name.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Afy,
Mohamed Mohamed is a scammer who uses the Viper Club Classifieds and other Viper sources to try and scam people for money for used parts he does not have. If I remember correctly he says he is a pilot and travels alot and he seems to always try and sell about $3000 worth of parts. I believe he's contacted VCA members trying to sell hartops and wheels, not sure what else. You can search the archives for Mohamed and you'll see how many times he's come back.

Matt

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
?????

I need to change my name.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I was thinking!!
frown.gif

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great News !!!! We were the Dealer that got scammed out of a 99 Prowler and we passed Andy's name on to the police in North Carolina. This guy made Muhammed look like an amatuer and it is great to see he finally is staying behind bars. The Viper Community is a close knit one, and we need to continue to be vigilant out there for folks like these.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy - you done good. Sorry you won;t be seeing your money, but know that you'll get paid back later - somehow - these things have a way of working themselves out.

Bill - Oh My! Alex had thrown a red flag to me about 1.5 years ago - feel free to contact me if anyone says they are a VIper owner or if you need any assistance in the NC area.

What a scumbag. Hope he rots in prison....

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never encountered "Mohammed", but he sounds much less "slick" than Alex. Alex tried to scam me out of my Viper last year, and he was so good that I never really suspected much until he started changing email addresses and pulling his disappearing acts. Scary stuff...